Buy Best Liberty University SOWK 260 Exam 1
- In 1957, which of the following criteria was used by the American Medical Association in declaring alcoholism as a disease?
- When an individual requires increasingly larger doses of a drug to achieve the desired optimal effect, it is known as _____.
- According to chapter two, which of the following is one of the reasons cited for using marijuana?
- _____ refers to an individual’s state of mind at the time of drug use.
- Which of the following has been most often cited as a major factor in alcohol/drug abuse by adolescents as well as adults?
- Which of the following is often cited as a reason for resuming cigarette smoking?
- Which component of the behavioral definition of addiction is primarily indicated when drug users think about alcohol and drugs in a vicious negative cycle?
- Which of the following information do counselors need to assess an individual’s alcohol/drug problem?
- The two major defense mechanisms used to deny problems with alcohol and drugs are:
- Michael Yapko described poor future orientation as contributing to _____.
- Khantzian makes the case that drug use is:
- In the context of the major components involved in alcohol and drug use, _____ refers to the psychological and emotional frame of mind of a person when using alcohol/drugs. (p. 125)
- Assessment questions that help identify adolescent alcohol/drug problems include all of the following EXCEPT:
- Identify the two major personality disorders most highly correlated with substance abuse.
- The combined effect of two or more drugs that is greater than the effect of each agent added together is:
- According to chapter one, which of the following is true of the drug problems of people of color?
- Which of the following is Devor’s description of alcoholism?
- Which of the following is true of the existential theory of drug abuse as proposed by George B. Greaves?
- Individuals that have psychological vulnerability have personality traits that:
- Strack (1985) identified five major factors in adolescent abuse of drugs—using the PEACE mnemonic—which includes all of the following EXCEPT _____.
- Identify a true statement about tobacco.
- Identify the true statement about people that show impulsivity and disinhibition.
- Identify a true statement about the war on drugs.
- According to the sociocultural model in this chapter, individuals who feel alienated from a larger society and who have no sense of belonging may feel:
- The perspective that attempts to adapt the environment to meet the individual’s needs is the:
- An example of a central nervous system depressant is _____.
- Identify a true statement about psychoactive drugs.
- Which of the following is included in the thorough assessment of an individual’s problem with alcohol/drugs?
- Identify a true statement about alcohol.
- Which of the following is true of alcohol?
- Which of the following is primarily the viewpoint of law enforcement and the criminal justice system?
- According to Seligman, an “optimist” sees setbacks as:
- Which of the following is the last stage of alcohol/drug use?
- Parents do not need to catch their children “red-handed” to determine a possible problem with alcohol/drugs. All of the following are physical signs of a problem EXCEPT:
- The four primary perspectives of substance abuse are:
- In comparing the vulnerability of relapse, Fields cites the work of Danaher & Lichtenstein (1978), who describe the natural cycle of smoking (cigarettes), which includes all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
- According to the text, which of the following is an extremely important question to ask if a client feels suicidal?
- The _____ is held by most social agencies and institutions in the United States.
- Pessimism, as described by Martin Seligman, in his book “Learned Optimism,” is when the individual sees negative events as:
- The single most significant change in recent drug history is the legalization of _____ for its medical usage.
- All of the following are facts about suicide EXCEPT:
- According to chapter one, which United States President began the war on drugs?
- Which of the following is one of the reasons proposed for cocaine being among the most addictive drugs today?
- According to the American Association of Suicidology, which of the following is a fact about suicide?
- Which of the following characteristics accurately describes Dr. David Smith’s definition of addiction?
- Which of the following skills did Paul Robinson in his article “Beyond Drug Education” emphasize for adolescents in preventing drug abuse?
- The Harvard School of Public Health found that:
- Which of the following is true of fatalities arising from drinking and driving among young drivers?
- According to chapter 1, which of the following is true about marijuana use among school students?
- Which of the following ideas does the Tension-Reduction Theory (TRT) exclude?
Want to Buy Course?
Looking for Take My Class for Me?
Take My Online Take Exam experts to take the hassle out of grading exams online. Our exam helpers will guide you through the most accurate solutions in preparing for your online exam. Make sure you seek recommendations from online exam helpers and find the right course to clarify your thoughts. Our group has provided online exam assistance to many college students in prestigious locations around the world simply because college students have decent grades in the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. So, what are you prepared for?
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to outdo yourself with your eyes.
For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486