Buy Best CEFS 515 – Research and Program Evaluation
Buy Best CEFS 515-Research and Program Evaluation
Students learn the importance of scientific inquiry in the specialty fields of counseling and therapy. Emphasis is on research methods (designs, statistical analysis, needs assessment, and program evaluation) and locating, interpreting, and evaluating research and program evaluation articles that inform evidence-based practice. Ethical and cultural relevance as well as ethically appropriate integration is also addressed.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
Empirical methods are increasingly being used to justify or criticize the usage of particular counseling approaches in therapy. Government, private foundations, and corporations are asking for program evaluations to determine the merits of each program’s continued funding. Spiritual interventions are being explored for their utility in therapy. In short, the scientific method, counseling, and Christian intervention strategies are intersecting. Counselors with thorough knowledge of research strategies will shape both what psychotherapy looks like and how effective those interventions are in the counseling setting.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the role of scientific research in advancing the counseling profession.
- Differentiate various research methods (e.g., descriptive, predictive, and explanatory) and research designs (e.g., experimental, quasi-experimental, single-case designs, action research, and outcome-based research). In addition, he or she will describe each of the research methods and designs.
- Apply various statistical principles that are often used in counseling-related research and program evaluations.
- Describe various models of program evaluation and action research.
- Critique research articles and examine the evidence-based practice.
- Articulate ethical and legal principles of clinical research.
- Assess the utility and limitations of the scientific method in the study of Christian integration in counseling.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussion: Video – Present Your Research
For the Video discussion, students will create and upload a 5-10 minute video, presenting their Research Proposal Paper Assignment. A part of conducting research is to present the student’s findings at professional conferences/workshops and the student will practice presenting his or her proposals. Each video must demonstrate course-related knowledge and assertions, and must be supported by at least two outside scholarly sources. The student will reply in a 2–3 minute video to his or her peers discussing the implications to the counseling field and highlight Christian integration with the topic. Replies must be supported by at least one scholarly source.
Topic Selection Assignments (2)
Topic Selection: Find a Gap: The student will select 3 topics related to the counseling profession. The topics and summaries of 3 peer-reviewed articles published within the last 5 years (one article per topic) will be submitted to the instructor for approval and feedback. The instructor will give the student feedback on his/her topic selections regarding which may be the most “researchable and ethical topic”, based on assignment requirements, and may recommend the student focus on one for subsequent assignments. The proposal will not be completed as an experimental study, but rather as a proposal of a study that could be conducted in the future.
Topic Selection: Final Topic Selection: After receiving feedback from the Topic Selection: Find a Gap Assignment, the student will then resubmit the Topic Selection: Final Topic Selection Assignment, choosing one topic selection based upon the professor’s feedback, highlighting measurable variables (quantitative) or research strategy (qualitative) for the Research Proposal Assignment. The assignment should be no more than one page, double spaced, in current APA format.
Stimulus Question Assignments (2)
The student will write answers to the stimulus questions for the Stimulus Questions: Chapter Two Research Training- Joys and Challenges Assignment and Stimulus Questions: Chapter Six Choosing Research Designs- Balancing Ideals and Realities Assignment located at the end of the textbook chapters. Answers to the Stimulus Questions will assist the student in the development of the Research Proposal Assignment.
Quantitative or Qualitative Research Reporting Assignment
The student will analyze data from a chosen case scenario (not related to his or her proposal) for either a quantitative or qualitative study, and will write up a results and discussion section corresponding to that data/case scenario. Students will interpret the study’s design, discuss hypotheses (for the quantitative case scenario), data collection, method of analysis, results, and implications for the counseling field. The reporting results for each section will be written in no more than 1 page.
Research Proposal Paper Assignment
For the Research Proposal Paper Assignment, the student will expound upon the Topic Selection: Final Topic Selection Assignment in hopes to formulate a research study that can be used in counseling. The student will conduct a literature review to develop appropriate research hypotheses/questions and discuss the design chosen. The student will then conclude the proposal with the implications that the study could have upon the counseling field and integrate a biblical perspective in light of these implications. The paper should be 2-3 pages, include at least 5 citations and references, and be in current APA format.
The student will complete 3 quizzes. Each quiz will cover the Learn material for the assigned module. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain a varying number of multiple-choice, true/false, and short answer questions, and have a 1 hour and 15-minute time limit.
Quiz: Dispositions Reflection
This quiz will ask the student to rate him/herself on the nine dispositions required for this program by the accrediting bodies using the following scale:
- Exceeds expectations – I believe I do this exceptionally well.
- Clearly meets expectations – I believe I am able to do this in an appropriate way as expected for graduate students at my current position in the program.
- Adequately meets expectations – I believe I do this but could use improvement and growth in this dispositional area.
- Does not meet expectations – I believe I do not do this well and could use improvement.
The quiz will contain 9 multiple-choice and 1 essay question and have a 1-hour time limit.
Need to Buy Course?
- You can acquire take-a-concentrate on decisions with only a single tick in the event that you want basic web-based test backing to ease the pressure. With the support of a cultivated coach, you might defeat your hardest snags and arrange for starters unheard results.
- We give online test associates at IWantOnlineClassHelp.com who are educated in pretty much every one of the fundamental factors that will empower you to accomplish the best outcomes.
- We’re remunerated as a hobbyhorse when you call us for sponsorship with a certified test. utilize the review instrument you can recruit on the web. The information from your course will be utilized by our Take My Class For Me to create an inquiry bank. Each reaction you solicit will happen.
For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486