Buy Best EDUC 703 Quiz Common Schools
EDUC 703 Quiz: Common Schools & Civil War
- Which movement was not a precursor to the common school movement led by Horace Mann?
- Which was not a provision of the Northwest Ordinances?
- Which is not an outcome of common schools that Horace Mann expected?
- The feminization of education is credited primarily to which educator?
- What was controversial about Horace Bushnell’s notion of Christian nurture?
- Match the individual with the related educational institution.
- Who was the only individual ever found guilty and sentenced for violating the 1849 Virginia anti-literacy law?
- What did the Freedmen’s Bureau provide to formerly enslaved people? Choose all that apply.
- To the dismay of W. E. B. Du Bois, the curriculum at Hampton, Howard, and Tuskegee focused on what approach?
- Booker T. Washington concluded that Gen. Oliver O. Howard and the Freedmen’s Bureau had been a failure.
- SHORT ESSAY: Choose one of the options below. Respond in a brief essay of one or two paragraphs (8 points).
OPTION 1: Analyze the influence of the Second Great Awakening on social reform movements, including educational reform.
OPTION 2: In what way does the phrase “except in the South” apply to the development of education in America?
OPTION 3: Why were anti-literacy laws passed in the South?