Buy Guided COUC 504 Quiz 6 Islam
COUC 504 Quiz 6: Islam and the Arab Population
Module 6: Week 6
- _____ is the Pillar of Islam regarding the month-long fast observed during Ramadan.
- Typical reasons for immigration among the various waves of Arab American immigrants include each of the following EXCEPT
- The second wave of Arab immigrants arrived in the U.S. after WWII due to political tension. This wave was called the _____ because those who left were formally educated Muslims with the means to escape.
- In counseling Arab American clients, the ideal counseling dyad includes
- Arab Americans can be identified by
- Arabs place a particularly high emphasis on their language (Arabic) compared to other cultural groups.
- Unlike those from a traditional Asian culture, enculturated Arabs are very open to seeking mental health services.
- Less than 1% of the Arab population is non-Muslim.
- Traditionally, Arabs marry based on romantic love, much like in the U.S. culture.
- Enculturated Arab families treat their boys and girls equally growing up.
- Young Muslim men are in danger of being stereotyped as terrorists in the United States.
- The Qur’an has no passages that could be interpreted to encourage violence.
- Islam has no “denominations” or groups within it that have significant differences of belief.
- In examining the terrorists who have planned and executed attacks on the United States, it’s clear that all of them are young, poor, and have little education.
- Most Muslims adopt radical ideologies.