Buy Guided NASC 210 Quiz Inheritance and Human Health
- Genetic disease based on altered genes is caused by either “loss of function” or “gain of function” which causes the disease and its symptoms. Cystic Fibrosis involves a defective anion channel. This would be classified as:
- The ABO blood group alleles found in the human population are an example of;
- In Alzheimer’s disease which parts of the brain are affected?
- The control of most human traits by single genes is rare because most traits are the results of multiple genes like human eye color.
- What percent of cases of Alzheimer’s disease are familial (inherited)?
- A single gene disorder with many symptoms or a gene that controls several functions or has more than one effect is termed:
- In autosomal dominant inheritance, a trait can appear in either sex because an autosome (non-sex chromosome) carries the gene.
- A mutated recessive allele can never contribute to disease.
- A Punnet square follows the transmission of alleles and is based on probability.
- The mitochondrial DNA contains no histones or introns.
- Abraham Lincoln was thought to have Marfan syndrome, which of the following are true about this condition
- The OCA2 gene confers eye color such that the recessive condition (two recessive alleles) results in:
- Recessive disorders tend to be more severe and produce symptoms earlier than dominant disorders.
- A phenotype is a trait that you see or can observe.
- Every phenotype, the trait that you observe, is caused by the combination of two alleles or the genotype, so for example, brown eye color is a phenotype that can be produced by a dominant allele (B) such that the genotype for brown eye color could be Bb or BB.
- Protein tau can form sticky“tangles” as part of the cause of Alzheimer’s disease.
- In complete dominance;
- A single gene OCA2 on chromosome 15 confers eye color by controlling melanin synthesis. But also a second gene can influence the expression of OCA2.
- The Mitochondrial Eve theory is a theory about:
- A dominant allele masks the expression of a recessive allele.
- Mendel crossed some yellow round pea plants with wrinkled green pea plants. The traits of yellow and round were dominant. In the first generation, the F1 generation all the offspring were;
- The law of segregation states that alleles of a gene:
- In order for a child to get the genetic-based disease cystic fibrosis which of the following must occur?
- Using and understanding pedigrees are important today because they help families identify the risk of transmitting an inherited disease
Need Help with Course?
Are your exams around the corner? Are you thinking, I need someone to take my online exam? Do you want someone to help you out in these dire times of yours? Welcome to Get Exam Done. We are an academic help service that connects professional academics to struggling students. We help students with their online exams by assisting them hands-on throughout the exam. It doesn’t matter what your subject is, we have experts in all of them. So, come aboard! Let’s address your take my exam online worries. We are available 24/7. You can call us anytime, talk about your online exam problems, and get solutions. For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486