Buy New AMOA 256-Medical Office Ethics and Law
The student is educated about the general ethical and legal aspects of medicine with an emphasis on confidentiality, HIPAA, risk management, licensing, contracts, and professional liability.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The purpose of this course is to acquaint medical office assistant students with the legal and ethical aspects related to their careers. By becoming cognizant of these facets of medical office practice, they will be prepared to deal with legal and ethical situations applicable to a medical office.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the legal responsibilities of the medical office.
- Describe the functions of the medical office within the legal system.
- Explain the differences among criminal laws, civil laws, and the classifications of contracts.
- Analyze medical malpractice cases.
- Explain the organization of medical practice, the different regulations and acts, and medical records.
- Discuss the various aspects of ethics and privacy.
- Discuss the ethics on the rights of a fetus, newborn, or child, and the professional ethics involving belief systems, experiments, and drug testing on the job.
- Investigate ethical concerns surrounding issues related to death and dying.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to create a thread in response to the provided prompt. Each line must be at least 250 words, use 1 peer-reviewed source cited in the current APA format, and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the line, the student must reply to at least 2 classmates’ threads. Each reply must be at least 150 words.
The student will conduct research based on the Learn material for the assigned Module: Week. Assignments will include case study reviews, policy creations, and short papers on law and ethics.
Position Papers (2)
The student will write a 10-page minimum, research-based paper in the current APA format that focuses on a special topic provided by the instructor. The paper must include at least 10 peer-reviewed sources, the course textbooks, and the Bible.
Each quiz will cover the Learn material for the Module: Week in which it is assigned. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 10 multiple-choice questions, and have a 20-minute time limit.
The Quiz: Final will cover the Learn material for each Module: Week covered in the course. The quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 75 multiple-choice questions, and have a time limit of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Need Assistance with Course?
If you’re looking for instant exam help to reduce stress, exam solutions are just a click away. Professional mentoring can help you master your weakest subjects and achieve unprecedented results. IWantOnlineclasshelp.com has subject-specific online test helpers who know all the important components to help you achieve the most acceptable results. Be careful when asked to help with a live exam.
- All you need is to hire Pay Someone to Take My Exam.
- Our online exam tutor will create a survey based on your course material.
- Get the solution you need.
For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486