Buy New ETHC 445 Week 8 Final Exam Notes Fall 2018
Page 1 – Multiple Choice
- (TCOs 2, 4, 5, 6) The idea that the assisted suicide of terminally ill patients should … allowed simply at the patient’s direction reflects what type of ethics? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 1, 2, 7) What is the moral ideal of temperance? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 1, 2) One of the common errors in Ethics is that of hasty conclusions. Hasty conclusions consist of what? (Points: 5)
- (TCO 2) Prescriptive language is commonly … in ethics for what reason? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 7, 8) Ethical Egoism proposes that all decisions should … made to promote what? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 2, 4, 9) Free people are motivated toward forming social structures according to a social contract in order to overcome what problem was identified by Thomas Hobbes?(Points: 5)
- (TCOs 3, 6) Agricultural biofuels are not properly a renewable source of energy in the environmental ethics debate. Which of the following also is not a renewable source of energy? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 3, 6, 7) The notion that the only thing good without qualification is good will is … to whom? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 8, 9) Which ethical concept is organized and directed toward following the greatest happiness principle? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 3, 6, 7) Syllogisms in formal deductive logic are called “valid” when: (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 1, 2) When choosing one course of action while working with a dilemma, the other courses of action are lost and become unavailable. This makes ethical choices in dilemma situations, particularly what? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 1, 2, 7) What is the role of conscience as Thomas Aquinas sees it? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 2, 8) The rule or principle to … applied in making decisions is an example of which kind of ethical discovery process? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 1, 2, 5) The Social Contract theorist whose troubled childhood was most clearly reflected in his theories was who? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 3, 6, 7) Kant’s concern that people choose to observe universal laws as their duty is expressed through what actions? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 2, 7, 8) Aristotle’s Ethics of Virtue has found modern application for business and industry through what practice? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 2, 8) Professional codes of conduct serve what function for business and industry? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 2, 7) Aristotle’s Ethical Doctrine of the Mean measured personal virtues on a scale that included the virtue itself, the excess of it, and the deficiency of it.
- If the virtue is COURAGE and the deficiency is COWARDICE, what is the excess?(Points: 5)
- (TCOs 8, 9) In personal or organizational conflict, what benefits accrue to all parties when a leader or consultant employs one of the ethical conflict resolution models of Week 6? (Points: 5)
- (TCOs 1, 2) The Latin term a priori describes the origin of knowledge developed rationally, and the term a posteriori describes knowledge developed through observation and experience. What is an example of ethics is best … in a position manner? (Points: 5)
Page 2 – Essays
- Question: (TCOs 1, 2, 3, 7) In support of TCO #7 and in the Week 7 discussions, you developed and placed into the threaded discussions your personalized ethics statement of what has become important to you in the practice of ethics as you have practiced ethics during the course. Your first task in this question is to briefly present that personalized statement in just a few sentences before continuing with the question. Much of the rest of the exam will involve your working with that personalized statement through brief applications and cases.
Use your ethical philosophy to solve the following ethical situation. Explain how your philosophy helped you make your decision.
Should citizens have an ethical obligation to serve their country when it is at war?
Under what circumstances, if any, is it ethical for a person to refuse to serve?
A significant number of people believe war is always wrong, and that no circumstances justify one nation’s taking up arms against another. Is this view ethically sound? How about realistically? Please state which side you agree with, and why. Explain and defend your position using your ethical position statement.
In answering, … sure to look at both sides of the war: that is, a country defending itself against aggression and a strong country coming to the aid of a weaker country that has been attacked unjustly. Then, explain how your ethical philosophy affected how you answered this problem. (Points: 30)
- Question: (TCOs 1, 2, 7) Analyze the following ethical situation using YOUR ethical philosophy. Read the situation and then in your answer, explain why this is an ethical situation, what the “issues” are, and how an “ethical” person would resolve them. Explain how YOUR ethical philosophy has helped you read a conclusion about how to resolve or analyze this situation.
Employees’ worth to their employers may diminish before they are eligible for retirement. In such cases, the employer is faced with the dilemma of choosing between retaining an old and trusted yet unproductive worker for 5 or 10 more years, or firing that worker and jeopardizing his or her retirement benefits.
- Should an employer have an ethical obligation to keep such unproductive, but loyal employees? What if the employee … a problem his or her entire career? Are there certain circumstances where your answer to these questions would … different?
- What is the duty of an unproductive employee to his or her employer? Is there an ethical obligation to retire when productivity begins to wane? If a person is simply “coasting” for his or her last few years, is that person “unethical?” Be sure to explain your answer. (Points: 30)
- Question: (TCOs 1, 7, 9) How do you feel St. Thomas Aquinas would have solved the above ethical situation differently or in the same as you did use your philosophy? Please explain the reasons for the similarities or differences. (Points: 40)
- Question: (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 9) A first-term junior senator has placed a bill before the Senate that promises to correct tax inequities that affect thousands of workers. However, the bill is … in committee. The senior senator who serves as Sub-Committee Chairperson is responsible. The senator, however, has learned of a secret scandal in the Chairperson’s personal life. The junior senator visits the Chairperson and tells him that unless the bill is … from the committee, he will divulge the scandal to the press. The Chairperson then releases the bill from the committee and it is passed—and becomes law.
Identify and tell what ethical philosophy the senior and junior senators are using, if any.
Now, use your ethical philosophy to analyze the situation. Explain how, using your philosophy, you would have solved this situation either the same way as the characters in the situation did, or differently. Why? (Points: 30)
- Question: (TCOs 5, 6) You work for a grocery store, and a new manager is hired to oversee your department. He comes into your department (the butcher shop) and explains to you that for the past 6 months, your department has been losing money for the store because of the waste and spoilage going on from having to discard unsold meat and poultry. He tells you that from now on, he wants you to package ground meat in smaller, more compact packages, with older meat on the bottom of the package (so it is not visible to the customer) and the fresher meat on the top, where it is visible to the customers. In this way, you can move more of the older meat and still receive the top dollar for it. As he leaves the department where you were having the discussion, he turns and says, “And by the way, one more month of losses like we had last month from this department, and you can kiss your job goodbye.”
- Will you repackage the meat in the way he requested?
- Why or why not? Explain what ethical analysis you used to come to this conclusion. (Points: 30)
- Question: (TCOs 6, 8) Analyze your answer above using the Front Page of the Newspaper ethical dilemma resolution model. Show your steps. (Points: 40)
Need Guide to Exams?
Are your assessments throughout the corner? Are you thinking, I need someone to take my online exam? Do you want someone to help you out in the ones dire times of yours? Welcome to Get Exam Done. We are an academic help issuer that connects professional academics to struggling university college students. We help university college students with their online assessments with the useful resource of usage of assisting them hands-on at some stage in the exam. It does now no longer depend on what your issue is, we have got were given specialists in all of them. So, come aboard! Let’s cope with your take my exam online worries. We are available 24/7. You can call us anytime, speak about your online exam problems, and get solutions. For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486