Buy New FIN 564 Week 7 Homework Assignment
FIN 564 Week 7 Homework Assignment: Chapter 9 Problem 5, 6 – Chapter 10 Problem 2, 6, 14
Chapter 9 Problem 5 – Bank one issued $200 million worth of one-year CD liabilities in Brazilian reals at a rate of 6.50 percent. The exchange rate of U.S. dollars for Brazillian reals at the time of the transaction was $1.00/Br 1.
- Is Bank one exposed to an appreciation or depreciation of the U.S. dollar relative to the Brazilian real?
- What will be the percentage cost to Bank one on this CD if the dollar depreciates relative to the Brazilian real such that the exchange rate of U.S. dollars for Brazillian reals is $1.2/Br 1 at the end of the year?
- What will be the percentage cost to Bank one on this CD if the dollar appreciates relative to the Brazilian real such that the exchange rate of U.S. dollars for Brazilian reals is $0.9/Br 1 at the end of the year?
Chapter 9 Problem 6 – Sun Bank USA has purchased a 16 million one-year Australian dollar loan that pays 12 percent interest annually. The spot rate of U.S. dollars for Australian dollars is $0.625/A$1. It has funded this loan by accepting a British pound (BP)–denominated deposit for the equivalent amount and maturity at an annual rate of 10 percent. The current spot rate of U.S. dollars for British pounds is $1.60/£1. A. What is the net interest income earned in dollars on this one-year transaction if the spot rate of U.S. dollars for Australian dollars and U.S.D for BPs at the end of the year are $0.588/A$1 and $1.848/£1, respectively? B. What should the spot rate of U.S. dollars for BPs be at the end of the year in order for the bank to earn a net interest income of $200,000 (disregarding any change in principal values)?
Chapter 10 Problem 2 – Suppose you purchase a Treasury bond futures contract at a price of 95 percent of the face value, $100,000.
- What is your obligation when you purchase this futures contract?
- Assume that the Treasury bond futures price falls to 94 percent. What is your loss or gain?
- Assume that the Treasury bond futures price rises to 97. What is your loss or gain?
Chapter 10 Problem 6 – You have taken a long position in a call option on IBM common stock. The option has an exercise price of $136 and IBM’s stock currently trades at $140. The option premium is $5 per contract.
- What is your net profit on the option if IBM’s stock price increases to $150 at the expiration of the option and you exercise the option?
- How much of the option premium is due to the intrinsic value versus the time value?
- What is your net profit if IBM’s stock price decreases to $130?
Chapter 10 Problem 14 – A commercial bank has $200 million floating-rate loans yielding the T-bill rate plus 2 percent. These loans are financed with $200 million of fixed-rate deposits costing 9 percent. A savings bank has $200 million in mortgages with a fixed rate of 13 percent. They are financed with $200 million in CDs with a variable rate of T-bill rate plus 3 percent.
- Discuss the type of interest rate risk each institution faces.
- Propose a swap that would result in each institution having the same type of asset and liability cash flows. Show that this swap would be acceptable to both parties.
Need to Buy Assignments?
Our online test-taking assistants are specialists who’re graduates of pinnacle universities with powerful subjective knowledge. Our professionals can take care of the troubles you’re dealing with on the subject of take my exam for me queries. Everything stages from easy topics to complex ones, we cowl they all beneath neath an unmarried platform. In case you’ve enrolled for a couple of problems with your online universities tests and also you do not have the time to cognizance on each of them concurrently then, you may sign up for our powerful nice of services, after which truly you may get favored assist withinside the shape of hiring for our professionals for doing my examination on-line for me at no hesitation.