Buy New HIST 405N Week 7 Case Study Option 1 McCarthyism and Anti-Communist Campaigns
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapters 28, 29, 30
- Minimum of 1 primary source
- Minimum of 4 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook)
Optional Resources to Explore
Feel free to review the library guide for scholarly sources and videos at the following link:
- Link (website): History Library Guide (Links to an external site.)
The purposes of each case study assignment include the following:
- To hone your abilities to research using scholarly sources
- To advance critical thinking and writing skills
- … compile a response to the prompts provided
- To explore a historical topic and make connections to change over time
Pick one (1) of the following topics. Then, address the corresponding questions/prompts for your selected topic. Use at least one (1) documented example of the corresponding primary source in your writing.
Option 1: McCarthyism and Anti-Communist Campaigns
The Cold War brought about an irrational fear of communism and communist activities in the United States. As we are learning this week, one of the most vocal instigators of this paranoia was Senator Joseph McCarthy. McCarthy delivered a speech about the imminent threat of communism on February 9, 1950. Perform a search on the internet and locate and read Joseph McCarthy’s speech given in Wheeling, West Virginia on February 9, 1950. Copy and paste the following keywords into your Google search bar: “Joseph McCarthy, Wheeling, West Virginia.” The speech is also referred to as “Enemies from Within.”
Construct the case study by responding to the following prompts:
- Explain how Senator Joseph McCarthy defined communist nations within the speech. What specific threats did these nations pose?
- Assess if Senator Joseph McCarthy’s charges were accurate.
- Analyze anti-communist sentiments during the Cold War era, were these sentiments valid? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Explain if there are other examples of events similar to the Red Scare that have occurred throughout history and the modern day.
- Examine what happened to people who invoked the Fifth Amendment, refused to appear, or were found in violation of the law as defined by the Congressional Committee.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 4-5 pages (not including title page and references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page
- In-text citations that correspond with your end reference
Want Help with Case Study?
While you’re at IWantOnlineclasshelp.com then the procedure to rent for an extraordinary degree of offerings may be very easy. In order to need to do my online examination-associated offerings, you simply need to fill in the shape to be had at the internet site of www.iwantonlineclasshelp.com, and as soon as after carrying out this procedure, all of your facts that carry Order-ID, name, Contact, email address, etc. can be treated through the income professionals for supplying you a few powerful quotations. Once you agree with the great feasible quotation, you want to pay for the offerings, after which the control crew will take higher care of approximately matching pairs of tutors and subjects. We cater to meet all of your desires even Prior to the closing date with great feasible A or B grades in an assured manner concerning pay someone to take my exam query. You can in reality spend a little amusement time together along with your cherished ones, cope with the distinct priorities you’ve got for your existence, and depart the relaxation to our expert crew.