Buy New PLST 205-Foundations of Law
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
In law schools throughout this country, students are taught tertiary law, a constitutional misnomer, to the exclusion of primary and secondary law. Students are taught the law divorced from its historical meaning and Christian foundation. When its rich history is ignored or re-written and the Judeo-Christian tradition of law and justice is abandoned, the law becomes a cold instrument of power – a mere utilitarian tool. Manifestations of specific laws are only as good as the hub to which they are connected. A proper worldview is important to the study and practice of law because the manifestations of law (sometimes referred to as “positive” law) are only as grounded as the first principles that form the basis of a person’s worldview.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the distinctive of a Christian worldview.
- Explain the relevance of the cultural mandate to those involved in the legal profession.
- Identify the obstacles to the formation and ratification of the Constitution.
- Describe the significant role religion played in forming the United States of America.
- Describe the biblical roots of American constitutional government.
- Explain how the modern judiciary undermines the Constitution and our liberties.
- Explain how Congress has used the General Welfare clause to improperly expand its authority.
- Identify the errors in the proposition that there is a “wall of separation” between church and state.
- Identify appropriate responses to the secular attacks on the Constitution.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. The student will complete 4 Discussions in this course. You will post one thread of at least 250-300 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday of the assigned Module: Week. The student must then post 2 of at least 100-150 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of the assigned Module: Week. For each thread, the student must support their assertions with at least 2 scholarly sources/citations in Bluebook format. Each reply must incorporate at least 1 scholarly source/citation in Bluebook format. Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years. Acceptable sources include the textbook, assigned reading, and the Bible.
There will be 3 open-book, open-note quizzes with multiple-choice and true/false questions. Students will be given 1 hour to complete a 25-question quiz by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module 3: Week 3, Module 5: Week 5, and Module 7: Week 7.
Quiz: Foundational Principles will cover the course material from Module 1: Week 1 – Module 3: Week 3.
Quiz: Formation of America and its Biblical Roots will cover the course material from Module 4: Week 4 – Module 5: Week 5.
Quiz: Separation of Power and the U.S. Constitution will cover the course material from Module 6: Week 6 – Module 7: Week 7.
Quiz: Final Exam Essay will cover the course material from Module 1: Week 1 – Module 8: Week 8. The quiz will consist of 2 essay questions. Each essay must be at least 250-300 words. The student will support their assertions with at least 2 scholarly sources/citations in Bluebook format. The student will have two hours to complete the Quiz: Final Exam Essay.
Essay Assignments (3)
There will be 3 short essays of 400–550 words each, completed in Bluebook format. A minimum of 2 sources must be cited for each essay.
Want Assistance with Course?
- Are you a struggling student who is not able to cope with the pressure is handling in case of taking online tests due to various other activities?
- Or are you finding it very complicated to finish the given tests promptly with some good grades?
Don`t worry, Exams helpers can help you in this situation! The IWantOnlineclasshelp.com service provider is the best quality of services you can avail of today for the betterment of your future and for the perfect arrangement of premium-level of test-taking services on your behalf. We have been consistently providing outstanding help to each & every student who is looking for affordable, reliable, and qualitative services in a timely manner. Whether it is about test issues or exam-related issues, you are facing, we can cover all by pay someone to take my online test services on the go. The Online Test Help query is solved here quickly. Just call us or mail us, we will be there to bring some professional quality exam-taking services with a money-back guarantee, therefore you will have nothing to drop. Pay for your online exam now.