Buy Solved AMOA 206-Medical Office Billing and Bookkeeping
This course provides students with up-to-date information regarding best practices of patient billing and bookkeeping for a medical office.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
Medical office assistants have an essential role in healthcare, and one of their responsibilities is medical office billing and bookkeeping. This course provides the necessary technical skills needed to perform this duty. The universal claim form CMS-1500, the carriers that submit the claim form, collections, payments, and accounts receivable will all be covered.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the job functions of a medical biller.
- Discuss the different health insurances and how to read an ID card.
- Discuss the elements of medical coding (CPT, HCPCS Level II, ICD-10, and modifiers).
- Explain the forms, including patient registration, patient encounter, hospital sheet, and the CMS-1500 claim form.
- Demonstrate how to bill for office visits, procedures, and inpatient and facility services.
- Discuss claim submission and electronic clearinghouses.
- Discuss insurance explanations of benefits, payments, denials, and appeals.
- Explain accounts receivable, collections, and how collections and the state insurance commission work.
- Discuss ethical medical billing through the integration of a Christian worldview.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Essay Assignments (6)
You will complete 6 essays, each focusing on a concept from the Module: Week. The essays must be 350-450 words and be in APA formatting.
CMS-1500 Paper Assignment
The student will write a research-based paper that provides a contrast between the CMS-1500 (08/05) and the CMS-1500 (02/12). The paper must be 4–6 pages, include at least 4 references in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible, and be in current APA format.
Quiz: Medicare and Medicaid will cover the Learn material from Module 1: Week 1 – Module 3: Week 3, and Quiz: Managed Healthcare and Revenue Cycle will cover the Learn material from Module 4: Week 4 – Module 6: Week 6. These quizzes will be open-book/open-notes, contain 25 multiple-choice questions, and have a time limit of 1 hour. Quiz: Cumulative Assessment will cover the Learn material from Module 1: Week 1 – Module 8: Week 8, be open-book/open-notes, contain 50 multiple-choice questions, and have a time limit of 2 hours.
Need to Buy Course?
Looking for online exam help?
Our Take My Exam for Me Expert takes all the hassle out of solving exams online. Our exam helpers will guide you through the most accurate solutions for online exam preparation. We encourage you to consult our online exam helpers to find the right guide for you to take your exam. Our team has provided online exam assistance to many students in popular countries such as the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK where students have achieved good grades. what are you looking for
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to stand out on the test. Chat with us today!