Buy Solved COUC 504 Quiz 4 Sexual Orientation
COUC 504 Quiz 4: Sexual Orientation
Module 4: Week 4
- The preferred term to refer to an individual or group of people who have same-sex feelings and behaviors and who identify with the gay community is
- According to the ALGBTIC competencies, competent counselors understand that homosexuality, bisexuality, and gender nonconformity are
- Gay affirmative counseling includes
- Most new HIV infection rates occur among
- Gay men tend to be diagnosed with __________ more than heterosexual men.
- Laws in some states restricting same-sex parent adoption is an example of
- Conversion therapy was used to
- Major goals of gay affirmative counseling include
- Lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals
- Which of the following is a difference between the identity development of gay men and lesbians, according to Cass (1990)?
- Recent research shows that same-sex attraction is 100% genetic and biological.
- A client’s religion is an important cultural diversity consideration.
- “Coming out” for a lesbian or gay person can involve significant losses.
- A fearful attitude of avoidance, discomfort and potential mistreatment of lesbian and gay individuals is known as
- The role of religious identity and how it interacts with same-sex attraction continues to be debated in professional mental health associations (APA, ACA, AAMFT).