Buy Solved HLTH 640-Principles of Nutrition
This course reviews the basic principles of nutrition, the metabolism of proteins, fats, macro, and micronutrients and the role food choices play in health promotion and disease prevention.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
This course investigates foundational concepts in nutrition by providing a basis for subsequent nutrition classes in the MPH Program. MPH graduates need to understand the role of both foods in culture as well as food metabolism within the body and how to alleviate diet-related health problems among diverse populations. This information will provide a solid base for those entering careers in federal and private food assistance programs and nutrition advocacy organizations. Biblical teaching regarding body and health stewardship is emphasized.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the principles of digestion, absorption, and metabolism of macronutrients.
- Design nutrient-dense meals that follow dietary recommendations.
- Apply various nutritional assessments to food records.
- Assess the quality of an individual’s diet using various assessment methods.
- Compare health and disease disparities between the American population and people in other countries.
- Contrast the dietary needs of special populations.
- Contrast the world’s perspective of food and drink with God’s Word.
In addition to the course learning outcomes listed above, this course addresses the following Nutrition Concentration Competencies as primary emphases.
By the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and interpret reliable nutrition sources for health promotion purposes.
- Explain the role of macro and micronutrients in nutritional health and well-being.
- Identify the influence of eating behaviors on disease development and prevention.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Reflection Paper Assignments (2)
The student will write a reflection paper identifying the cultural, environmental, and social elements that have influenced his/her eating habits. The student will also write a reflection paper on the cultural view of food.
Personal Diet Analysis Assignments (4)
Students will log his/her food intake for 5-7 days and generate a report using MyDietAnalysis. This data will be the foundation for these assignments. The student will complete 4 Personal Diet Analyses Assignments where he/she will analyze his/her carbohydrate, fat, protein, vitamin, and mineral intake. The reports will be generated in MyDietAnalysis based on the My Food List report. The student will analyze the adequacy, deficiencies, and health benefits of his/her actual food intake in comparison to the recommended intake.
Each quiz will cover the Learn material for specific Modules: Weeks. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 100 multiple-choice and true/false questions, and have a time limit of 2 hours.
This assignment requires the student to review a series of diets, interview someone about his/her current weight loss program, and the research said program, and provide an analysis of it.
This assignment requires the student to identify and interview a person with no health issues about healthy diets and evaluate the subject’s knowledge regarding what makes for a healthy diet.
Want Help with Course?
College students throughout the state can get competent online tutors through Get Exam Done. Our online tutoring service covers all components of the course, including assignments, discussions, examinations, and assessments. To assist college students, we employ experts who can handle situations.
- We can help, whether you need help with an assignment or Pay Someone To Take My Exam for
- Your tasks will be completed by our online tutors, who will also assist you. We are here to help you seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
- Fair rates are decided by the vendor of our online courses. Get your online help study tools right away to get started on achieving the grades you want!