Download Guided BIBL 161-Romans
A thorough consideration of Paul’s theological masterpiece forms a foundation for understanding the remaining epistles. Various doctrines that appear in this book will also be examined.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
Why study the book of Romans? Romans may be described as the Apostle Paul’s magnum opus. It is a systematic presentation of the Gospel that reveals the righteousness of God. In addition to presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Paul addresses other significant issues relating to first-century A.D. Christianity, including the Jew-Gentile relationship, the Christian’s relationship to the Torah, unity in the church, the Christian life, and the Christian’s relationship to government (just to mention a few). The book of Romans provides eternal principles that must be applied to contemporary situations. In sum, because of its profound message, its logical presentation of Christian truth (which is foundational to a clear apprehension of the truth imparted in the other Pauline epistles), and because of its propensity to impact the saved so that their lives will influence the lost for Jesus Christ, it is essential that every Christian study Paul’s letter to the Romans. The primary purpose of this course is to trace the theme of God’s Gospel as presented in the Book of Romans, emphasizing the specific aspect of His revealed righteousness.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Summarize and interpret the thought of Paul’s letter to the Romans both synthetically and analytically.
- Summarize the argument of Romans, tracing Paul’s thought section by section or chapter by chapter.
- Interpret and explain any passage and/or paragraph of Romans from a consistent viewpoint.
- Describe and explain the biblical doctrines of the gospel, condemnation, justification, sanctification, the role of Jews, submission to God, and Christian love.
- Articulate how Romans fit within the framework of salvation history.
- Reflect and evaluate knowledge and apply it to life and ministry in a 21st-century context
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
The student will complete 3 Discussions. The thread will be posted in response to the instructor’s prompts. Then, the student will reply to 2 classmates’ threads. The student must be acutely aware of the time sensitivity of the Discussions. (MLOs: A, B, C)
Research Paper Assignments (4)
The student will choose a provided topic on which to write his/her Research Paper.
The student will write a bibliography with a minimum of 10 peer-reviewed, scholarly sources in the current Turabian format.
Thesis Statement Assignment
The student will write a written thesis statement for his/her Research Paper.
The student will write a 5-7-page Research Paper based on his/her chosen topic in the current Turabian format.
This is a reading/research-driven course that culminates with a Research Paper. (MLOs: A, B, C, D, E)
Spiritual Formation Project Assignment
A 3 to 4-page project that includes three major components: (1) personal reflection and evaluation; (2) community reflection and interaction; and (3) synthesis and application. (MLO: F)
The student is required to complete 4 quizzes. The tests will be open-book/open-notes and will consist of 25 multiple-choice, true/false, and/or essay questions. The quizzes cover all required Learn material. The student will have 1 hour to complete each test. (MLOs: A, D)
Need Help with Course?
- Our online study partners are experts in their fields with advanced degrees from renowned colleges.
- With your concerns about having someone else take my online exam, our specialists can help.
- We provide coverage for all topics, no matter how easy or challenging, on a single platform.
You can sign up for our very efficient services if you have signed up for more than one course in addition to your online university exams and you don’t have the time to focus on them all at once. Then, by purchasing one of our specialists to take my online exam on my behalf, you may unquestionably acquire the assistance you require.