Download Guided EDUC 500-Learning Theory
An overview of the teaching-learning process. Topics include learning theory, individual differences, motivation, human development, exceptionality, teaching methodology, measurement, and evaluation.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
When educators have an understanding of advanced learning theories and current research, they are better prepared to apply the most appropriate and effective theories and approaches in various educational settings, which increases the academic and behavioral success of their learners. This course integrates a Christian worldview as students explore topics including individual differences, motivation, human development, exceptionality, teaching strategies, at-risk students, and classroom management.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate key learning theories through the lens of a Biblical worldview, and describe the strengths and limitations of each theory.
- Apply knowledge of social, emotional, and moral development in considering how to solve problems in the classroom.
- List, define, and apply qualities of effective learning and teaching based on Biblical principles.
- Analyze the learning processes associated with behavioral learning theory.
- Analyze structures of social-cognitive learning theory.
- Analyze and apply constructivist learning theory approaches.
- Analyze student diverse characteristics and learners with special needs and their influence on learning
- Evaluate instructional methods and designs using concepts from behavioral, social-cognitive, and information-processing theories of learning.
- Analyze how environmental factors interact with students’ characteristics to affect motivation to learn.
- Create a personal theory as an effective role model integrating the personal and professional qualities of an educator with Biblical principles.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the candidate is required to create a thread in response to the provided promptly for each Discussion. Each Discussion will be completed in 2 parts: a thread addressing the instructor’s prompt and 2 replies to classmates’ threads. The thread must be at least 400 words and the replies must be at least 200 words each. Each thread must include at least 2 references in the current APA format. (MLO: A, C, G, I, J)
Social and Emotional Development Assignment
The candidate will complete a template based on “Social and Emotional Development” and readings from the Slavin and Schunk textbook. All sources must be cited in the current APA format. (Outcomes: A, B, J)
Journal Article Review Assignment
The candidate will review and critique the journal article, “Adopting a Stance: Bandura and Vygotsky on Professional Development” with applications to personal and professional development. The review must be 1-2 pages and follow the current APA format. (Outcomes: A, E, H, J).
Character Education Interview Assignment
For this assignment, the candidate will select either a teacher or a parent to inquire about his/her school experiences regarding character education. The candidate must explain the requirements of the assignment and ask permission to take notes and record the participant’s answers. The candidate is responsible for locating this person. The School of Education Field Office will not assist in locating a parent or teacher. In addition, school districts are not responsible for assisting the student in locating a parent or teacher to complete this assignment. (MLO: A, B, C, J)
Video Clip Analysis: Social Development Theory Assignment
The candidate will view the teaching video and answer the questions provided. Each question must be answered in at least 150 words. Responses must be in the current APA format and include a title and reference page. At least 1 source must be cited in the current APA format. This paper will be submitted as a Word document. (Outcomes: F, H, I, J)
The candidate must submit an Annotated Bibliography in the current APA format. The bibliography must contain at least 6 scholarly sources from Liberty University’s online databases that are pertinent to the topics being studied. All sources must be published within the past 5 years. For this Annotated Bibliography assignment, the candidate must not include any textbook from this course. (MLO: J)
Video Analysis Tool: Long-term Retention Assignment
The candidate will view the teaching video and answer the questions provided. Each question should be answered in at least 150 words. Responses must be in the current APA format and include a title and reference page. At least 1 source must be cited in the current APA format. This paper will be submitted as a Word document. (MLO: A, C, H, J)
Personal Theory as an Effective Role Model Paper
The candidate will create his/her theory of being an effective role model as it relates to you specifically as an educator, an administrator, and/or a leader. The paper must be 7 pages: 5 pages for the body, 1 title page, and 1 reference page. It must include at least 6 scholarly sources, plus both course textbooks (Slavin & Schunk and Van Brummelen). All sources must be published within the past 5 years. (Outcomes: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J)
The candidate will complete 9 quizzes based on the current APA manual and textbook readings. Each quiz will consist of 20–30 multiple-choice or true/false questions. The quizzes are open-book, and open-notes, and will have a specified time limit. (MLO: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J)
Need to Purchase Course?
At IWantOnlineclasshelp.com the process of renting an exceptional offer is very easy. To receive an online exam, offer, simply complete the form on the website www.iwantonlineclasshelp.com and provide all details such as order ID, name, contact, and email address after completing this step. Handled by income professionals to provide you with some meaningful offers. Once you’ve accepted a good, viable offer, pay for it. The control team then takes care to find nearly matching teacher-subject pairs.
- regards to payment of exam fees, we will fulfill all requests with an A or B grade that can be done in a safe manner even before the deadline.
- Spend free time with your loved ones, take care of your various life priorities, and let our experienced online exam helpers.For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486