Download Guided PHIL 347 Week 4 Discussion: Distinguishing Inductive and Deductive Reasoning (With Responses)
Download Guided PHIL 347 Week 4 Discussion Distinguishing Inductive and Deductive Reasoning With Responses
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapters 8, 9, 17 (Introduction)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Click on the following tabs to review the concepts that will be addressed in this activity:
- Valid Argument Structures
A valid structure is a way in which an argument is put together that assures it will pass the test of logical strength.
The Basic Structure of Deductive and Inductive Arguments
Click on the following links to view argument examples: Link: Deductive Argument Example Link: Inductive Argument
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, address the following:
- Find and post examples of deductive and inductive arguments.
- For each example, evaluate its logical strength, using the concepts and ideas presented in the textbook readings, the lesson, and any other source you find that helps you to evaluate the validity (deductive) or strength (inductive) of the argument. You can use examples from the text, or you can find examples elsewhere.
- Editorials and opinion columns are good sources, as are letters to the editor. Blogs will also often be based on arguments.
- Use mapping and evaluative techniques to make sure it is an argument.
- Is it inductive or deductive? Explain why.
- Does it pass the tests of validity and strength? Explain.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification. Do you agree with their analysis – be very specific about why you agree or disagree.
Need Help with Discussion?
Are your exams around the corner? Are you thinking, I need someone to take my online exam? Do you want someone to help you out in these dire times of yours? Welcome to Get Exam Done. We are an academic help service that connects professional academics to struggling students. We help students with their online exams by assisting them hands-on throughout the exam. It doesn’t matter what your subject is, we have experts in all of them. So, come aboard! Let’s address your take my exam online worries. We are available 24/7. You can call us anytime, talk about your online exam problems, and get solutions.