Download Guided PSYC 210 Quiz 7
Download Guided PSYC 210 Quiz 7
PSYC 210 Quiz 7
PSYC 210 Quiz 7 Liberty University
- The number of deaths.
- Robert has performed strenuous manual labor throughout his life. His brother (Ralph) was much less active as he worked at a “desk job” (seated for most of his day). According to Moore et al. (2012), which brother is likely to live longer?
- The biological elements of development that take place throughout the lifespan.
- In the United States, which of the following factors is the most significant factor related to good health?
- This theory suggests that there is a biological and genetic limit to how long we can live.
- The leading cause of death for adults in the United States.
- The term is used to describe the number of years we can expect any one person to live.
- The term used to describe how long members of a specific population might live (considers social, physical, and cultural factors):
- We are genetically programmed by biology/genetics to age at a certain pace. This statement would be supported by this theory of aging:
- Memories and behaviors are acquired without conscious awareness.
- Cognitive decline can be slowed down when an individual engages in specialized training programs. Which of these activities are typically included in these training programs?
- Schaie found that, on average, the overall cognitive ability does not begin to decline significantly until after age:
- Horn and Hofer refer to the ability to see relationships, use abstract reasoning, and analyze the information as:
- According to Gardner’s theory, an architect is likely to have a high degree of intelligence.
- The storage of motor skills or habits. These can often be retrieved without conscious effort.
- This stage of memory acts as a filter, limiting the amount of input the brain must process.
- intelligence improves with age.
- Practical intelligence may also be identified as.
- Erikson’s stage in which people seek to resolve the crisis. The two extremes here are 1) making a difference by investing in the next generation or, 2) falling into a lifestyle that is selfish and non-productive.
- The term proposed by Levinson to describe a life stage marked by a time of reflection and transition, then a time of questioning and crisis related to one’s identity.
- Research has found that helps older workers improve their marketability and earnings.
- Studies show that, on average, middle-aged workers maintain their level of skill and job performance into late adulthood. The only exception to this are jobs that require a great deal of:
- Self-concept includes all of the following EXCEPT:
- Employment of individuals over the age of 65 hurts the economy as it means fewer jobs for younger people.
- According to Erikson, the desired outcome in the eighth stage of life is:
- Which group tends to experience a higher degree of marital satisfaction?
- Fowler’s theory indicates a relationship between development and faith.
- Within the Christian faith, spirituality is based on one’s relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Spiritual growth is an age-graded, developmental process.
- Religious practice has a positive impact on physical and mental health.