Download New ARTS 224 Quiz 1-2-3
- What is graphic design?
- What does a graphic designer do?
- Graphic design and advertising help make information accessible in print and on screen, build brands, and promote competition (which can result in the research and development of goods and services).
- Name media channels where we distribute graphic
- Should each designer be responsible for practicing in ethical ways?
- A designer uses the formal elements of two-dimensional design to build images, patterns, letterforms, diagrams, animations, and design relationships to visually communicate a design
- What is the significance of understanding the figure/ground relationship?
- Designers use contrast for
- A designer creates unity by repeating colors throughout a composition or work (multipage screens, pages, or frames).
- What are the laws of the perceptual organization?
- What is a typeface?
- What are general typographic design concerns?
- When type and image share characteristics, their relationship can be sympathetic, possessing similar characteristics resulting in agreement, in harmony.
- One way to integrate type and image is to make the image the star and the typeface neutral.
- Which of the following is not among the general categories of type alignment?
- What is design thinking?
- The generally accepted five-phase model in the design process is research, strategy,
- A design brief is a short answer to a design problem.
- What is a visual brief collage board, and what’s its purpose?
- Thumbnail sketches are preliminary, small, quick, unrefined drawings of ideas, in black and white or color.
- What is a design concept?
- How is a design concept expressed?
- Designers prefer not to ask essential questions to investigate a design problem.
- What are the four stages in the concept generation process?
- What are some creative thinking tools designers employ?
- A sign is a visual mark or a part of the language that denotes another thing. A symbol is an image that has an arbitrary or conventional relationship between the signifier and the thing signified.
- Selecting stock well means you can use the imagery as you like, without thought to the
- Visualizing techniques include sketches and rendering.
- What are margins, and why are they important?
- Selecting stock appropriately and well entails understanding shape, orientation, lighting, point of view/angle, color palette, and composition.