Download New CLED 820-Leadership and Management Theory
This course provides a critical examination of historic and contemporary leadership theories, principles, and practices. This course also includes an analysis of each theory’s worldview assumptions, scientific worthiness, and potential contribution to the leadership and management of faith-based organizations. Authentic, transformational, and servant leadership theories are studied in light of biblical examples, principles, and theological understandings of leadership.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
Due to a Christian worldview perspective, Christian leadership and management should be distinguishable in practice as well. While Christian leaders seek to understand, integrate, and apply diverse management and leadership theories within their organizational context, to do so in a Christian manner, leaders must first process those theories through a Christian worldview perspective. This course is designed to assist the Christian leader in the hard work of critically examining and appropriately integrating theory into practice within the faith-based and marketplace context in an approach that is consistent with a Christian worldview.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the similarities and differences between leadership, management, and administration.
- Formulate a definition of servant leadership and team ministry.
- Begin to formulate a Personal Theology and Philosophy of Leadership that integrates research findings in the social sciences with a biblical worldview.
- Compare and contrast contemporary leadership and management theories with biblical principles of leadership and management.
- Evaluate differing philosophies of leadership, management, and organization with regard to their appropriateness in Christian ministry and organizational management.
Textbook readings and video presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student will participate in 8 Discussions. The student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided topic for each discussion. Each thread must be at least 300 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads. Each reply must be at least 150 words. (MLOs: A, B, D, E)
Theorist Paper Assignment
The student will write and submit a paper on a major management or leadership author, theorist, or thinker from the list provided in the assignment instructions. Only 1 student will be allowed to write on a theorist and selections must be approved by the instructor prior to beginning this assignment. Selections will be made during the first module/week of the course using the course “Selecting Your Theorist Wiki.” This assignment must be 12–20 pages, written in the current APA style, and have a minimum of 10 high-quality academic citations. (MLOs: D, E)
Theology and Philosophy of Leadership and Management Paper Assignment
The student will produce an 8–12-page paper presenting his or her personal model for the integration of leadership and management theory with a Christian worldview. The paper is to demonstrate integrative thinking leading to a distinctively Christian outlook on leadership and management. This work should reflect the student’s own perspective but must appropriately cite all resources used and must be written in the current APA style. (MLOs: C, E)
Need Assistance with the Course?
Can generally relax with your loved ones, prioritize what matters most to you, and let our expert platoon take care of everything differently. The hopeless situation that experimenters are in worries us. This same A Its Anyhow,” I need backing with my online class.” In the event that you are cool with it, we have got you covered. College experimenters are unfit to take any chances when conducting assessments because they value their time so largely. We changed from working on an hourly base to working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to make it easier for council experimenters to pay someone to take an exam. This is to help our gathering age experimenters’ inflow situation.
- Our experts are presently repairing the watch to the high standard of artificer for which you have paid. also, if you’re appreciatively uncomfortable reading through my test, feel free to get in touch with one of our client service representatives at any time. online class helpfully provides one-on-one support as well as web-grounded testing and medication.