Download New GOVT 465-Education Law and Policy
This course examines key public policy and legal issues, trends, and strategies related to the education context. Students will also examine and articulate recommendations for policy in this context and identify future legal challenges and issues.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The condition of public education is a product of the history and current debates in public policy. Much of that policy has come through legal challenges that have shaped educational participation, content, and structure. By increasing their understanding of these policies and laws, students can better understand the process of rights and decisions in education.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Display a basic understanding of the history of compulsory education, the events that led to its creation in the United States, and the history of religious involvement in its development.
- Identify key Supreme Court cases that shaped public education in areas of segregation, school choice, religious freedom, and inclusion.
- Provide a basic understanding of the concept of social justice and the policy debates around it.
- Discuss the concepts and debates around federalized educational control including key reforms of standardized testing, A Nation at Risk, No Child Left Behind, Race To The Top, and Common Core.
- Discuss contemporary policy and legal challenges related to school choice (i.e. vouchers, charter schools, and virtual schooling).
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided prompt. Each thread must be 250-500 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads. Each reply must be 100-250 words.
There are 3 (three) discussions worth 100 points each.
The student will write a 6-8 page research-based paper in the current APA format that focuses on the expressed topics. The paper must include at least 3-5 references.
There are 2 (two) Research Paper Assignments worth 200 points each.
Each quiz will cover the Learn material for the assigned Module: Week. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain essay questions, and have a 1-hour time limit.
There are 3 (three) quizzes worth 100 points each.
Want Guide to Course?
Get Exam Done provides professional online support to college students statewide. Magnificence Assist’s online career includes everything from assignments, discussions, and quizzes to quizzes. We employ well-resourced subject matter experts to support college students. Exams are an integral part of a student’s education. No student can climb the ladder of success without testing. However, college students, these days are too busy working to support the education they need and don’t have time to study. Completing exams is what you need when you need it. Where can a student who wants to Pay Someone to Take My Online Class? Completed successfully.
For custom help, email us at [email protected] or contact us on WhatsApp at +1 (657) 366-7486.