Download New HLTH 556-Politics and Health Policy
This course examines the framework and concepts used in public health policy. Processes of formulation, implementation, and change will be discussed. Evidence-based decision-making will be discussed. The role of politics in health policy will be highlighted.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The underlying purpose of this course is to introduce the student to the public health policy debate as it relates to the political undertones within our society. It is designed for the student who is interested in creating, evaluating, or discerning current and future health policy to gain an understanding of the importance of the political ramifications of any healthcare program.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss how the political process affects health policy and development.
- Describe how health policies are created.
- Compare the current United States Healthcare System with those of other nations, including strengths and weaknesses.
- Discuss current federal healthcare policies and legislation such as Medicare, Medicaid, and their implementation at the state and local levels of government.
- Examine current and future issues associated with healthcare access and healthcare disparities in the United States.
- Delineate the advantages and disadvantages of current healthcare reform policy in its attempts to address the system’s shortcomings.
- Examine the role of government in the healthcare of its citizens.
- Compare and contrast how the Christian worldview and other worldviews have impacted the policy and politics of healthcare reform.
Textbook readings and presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the course will include 5 Discussions consisting of a thread and two replies.
Article Review Assignments (2)
The student will complete two 1−2 page reviews of current scholarly articles on the current healthcare legislation and its possible effects on the healthcare system using the Article Review Template provided.
State Healthcare Analysis Assignment
The student will compare and reflect upon state healthcare policies using the links provided.
Worldview Reflection Paper Assignment
The student will write a reflective paper about his/her current worldview and perception of the current healthcare debate after viewing the Watch item, “Worldviews”.
Healthcare Proposal: Outline Assignment
This assignment will include the following: legislative proposal, key terms, an overview of legislation, and conclusion and be the framework for the Healthcare Proposal: Paper Assignment.
Healthcare Proposal: Paper Assignment
This proposal for new healthcare legislation should be no greater than 5–7 pages of text and include the following components: title page including running header, abstract and keyword, introduction, legislative proposals, summary, and reference page.
Healthcare Proposal: Bibliography Assignment
This will contain all of the Healthcare Proposal: Paper Assignment resources. This assignment should include at least 10 scholarly, empirical, and current sources (within the last five years) and must be directly related to the student’s legislative proposal and supporting documentation.
Need Guide to Course?
Our online study partners are experts with broad subject matter experts who hold degrees from esteemed institutions. When it comes to your take my exam for my concerns, our professionals can help. We provide coverage for all topics, no matter how simple or complex, on a single platform.
You can sign up for our effective, top-notch services if you’ve registered for more than one course in addition to your online university examinations and you don’t have the time to focus on them all at once. Then you may unquestionably receive the assistance you require by paying one of our professionals to take my online exam on my behalf.