Download New Liberty University AVIA 105 Quiz 4-5
- Consider the image. What does the perpendicular line consisting of one solid line and one dashed line represent?
- Which is a recording of the local weather conditions and other pertinent non-control information broadcast on a local frequency in a looped format?
- Runway numbers (landing designation markings) are based on:
- The enhanced taxiway centerline marking begins feet before the runway holding position marking.
- Taxiway direction signs have a background and
- When the tower is closed or you are operating at a nontowered airport, you may taxi past a runway holding position sign only when the runway is clear of aircraft, and there are no aircraft on final approach
- Which of the following is a defined surface surrounding the runway prepared, or suitable, for reducing the risk of damage to airplanes in the event of an undershoot, overshoot, or excursion from the runway?
- As a pilot in command (PIC), you are required to accept and comply with a LAHSO clearance.
- Consider the image. Where are you located on the airfield?
- Consider the image. What type of sign is this?
- Pilots should expect touchdown zone lighting on visual runways.
- If a pilot on the final approach sees all white on the PAPI, what must the pilot do?
- VASI and PAPI installations normally indicate a degree of a glide path to pilots.
- Which leg of the airport traffic pattern parallels the runway?
- Pilot-controlled lighting allows pilots to activate airfield lighting by keying the microphone on the appropriate frequency.
- Consider the image. What does the “7” signify?
- Consider the image. What does the “X” indicate?
- Land and hold short lights consist of a row of pulsing lights installed across the runway at the hold short point.
- What is the phonetic spelling of “T”?
- For runways equipped with in-pavement runway centerline lights, the runway centerline lights are white until the last feet of the runway. The white lights begin to alternate with red for the next For the remaining 1,000 feet of the runway, all centerline lights are red.