Download New Liberty University CJUS 320 Quiz 1
- Which early colonial bail system enabled rich offenders to pay a fee and be released?
- Which correctional era advocated an environment that emphasized reformation, education, and vocational programs, and focused offenders’ attention on the future?
- What is the hands-off doctrine?
- What is defined as a legislative authority to provide a specific range of punishment for a specific crime?
- What was the first prison designed to house sentenced offenders in the United States called?
- Who among the following concluded that criminals had traits that made them throwbacks to earlier stages of evolution?
- Which theorist suggested that criminal laws should be organized so that the punishment for any act would outweigh the pleasure that would be derived from the act?
- How do correctional agencies fulfill their mission?
By imprisoning offenders who receive a sentence of incarceration from the courts
II. By assisting courts in the decision to grant bail
III. By supervising offenders in the community under court jurisdiction
- Which eighteenth-century theorist is recognized as the founder of the Classical School of criminology?
- What is specific deterrence?
- Which of the following is NOT a goal of mental health courts?
- Which of the following is NOT an alternative to bail?
- Which of the following is a reason why states have adopted sentencing guidelines?
- Which of the following is a pledge of money or property in exchange for a promise to return for further criminal processing?
- Which of the following sentencing options authorized in state penal codes requires an offender to pay a fine or do community service in exchange for a waiver on jail time?
- Which of the following is included in a presentence investigation (PSI)?
- In which of the following sentencing models do judges have primary discretion in creating the sentence?
- Which 1987 U.S. Supreme Court decision upheld the ability of a magistrate to confine an offender on the presumption that he or she was dangerous?
- Which of the following is NOT a sentencing option?
- Which of the following is NOT relevant for the pretrial diversion program?
- Which is the most important element in the operations and policies of all correctional facilities?
- All of the following are responsible for the significant increase in the use of jails from 2000 to 2008 EXCEPT ________.
- In rural counties, which elected official oversees the operation of the jail?
- Which constitutional amendment refers to “cruel and unusual punishment”?
- Which of the following facilitates continuous communication between jail staff and inmates, thus reducing tension and avoiding the development of conflicts among inmates or between inmates and staff?
- Which of the following is an early English term for a jail?
- Which of the following is NOT true of jails in a correctional setting?
- Which of the following would NOT be considered a practical suicide prevention activity for a jail?
- What is the greatest cause of death among jail inmates other than illness or natural causes?
- Which is NOT one of the three most important reasons for effective jail classification systems?
- On which model is shock probation based?
- Which Supreme Court decision granted probationers the right to legal counsel during the revocation hearing?
- Which of the following eras of corrections developed with the distinct provision that the community is an essential part of the correctional process?
- Which Supreme Court case allowed an exception to parole violations by holding that failure to make restitution payments due to unemployment is not sufficient reason to revoke probation?
- Which of the following is a form of restitution in which offenders repay their victims directly for their losses and harm caused by the offense?
- Which term describes the overlapping of criminal sanctions and added supervision for community-placed offenders?
- Which of the following is a prison sentence that is suspended on the condition that the offender follows certain rules and commits no further crimes?
- Which type of supervision is typically satisfactory for offenders who pose little risk to the community?
- ________ is used only after low-risk offenders demonstrate a good adjustment to supervision.
- The major component of which of the following alternatives to incarceration is military regimentation, discipline, exercise, and hard work?
Need to Purchase Quiz?
When you visit IWantOnlineclasshelp.com, it is simple to hire an outstanding range of services. You must clearly complete the online form at www.IWantOnlineclasshelp.com in order to request my online exam-related services, and you must immediately submit all of your records, including your Order ID, name, contact information, and email address, among other details. can be handled by experts in sales to provide you with effective quotations. After you accept the extremely reasonable quote, you will need to pay for the services. After that, the management team will take better care of matching tutor-subject pairs. We strive to meet all of your objectives even before the due date with outstanding A or B grades in a safe manner regarding paying someone to take my exam question. You can, in fact, have some fun with your loved ones, talk about the important things in your life, and leave the rest to our professional team. For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486