Download New MGMT 340 Entire Course Week 1-8
MGMT 340 Week 1 Course Project: Company Overview Package
MGMT-340 Week 1 Problems/Exercises
MGMT 340 Week 1 Quiz
MGMT-340 Week 2 Course Project: Planning and Selection SDLC Phase 1 Package
MGMT 340 Week 2 Cost Benefit Analysis Spreadsheet For NOVA
MGMT-340 Week 2 Problems/Exercises
MGMT 340 Week 2 Quiz
MGMT 340 Week 3 Course Project: Systems Analysis SDLC Phase 2 Package
MGMT-340 Week 3 Data Flow Diagram
MGMT 340 Week 3 Problems/Exercises
MGMT-340 Week 3 Quiz
MGMT 340 Week 4 Course Project: Systems Analysis SDLC Phase 2 Package
MGMT-340 Week 4 Problems/Exercises
MGMT 340 Week 4 Quiz
MGMT 340 Week 5 Course Project: Systems Design SDLC Phase 3 Package
MGMT-340 Week 5 Problems/Exercises
MGMT 340 Week 5 Quiz
MGMT 340 Week 6 Course Project: System Implem. & Operation SDLC Phase 4 Package
MGMT-340 Week 6 Problems/Exercises
MGMT 340 Week 6 Quiz
MGMT 340 Week 7 Course Project: System Implem. & Operation SDLC Phase 4 Package
MGMT-340 Week 7 Problems/Exercises
MGMT 340 Week 7 Quiz
MGMT 340 Week 8 Final Exam
Course Project Topic: Petrie’s Electronics
Course Related Tutorials
- MGMT 340 Full Course Project Guide Week 1 – 7
- MGMT 340 Week 1 Project: Company Overview Package
- MGMT 340 Week 2 Project: Planning and Selection SDLC Phase 1 Package
- MGMT 340 Week 3 Project: Systems Analysis SDLC Phase 2 Package
- MGMT 340 Week 4 Project: Systems Analysis SDLC Phase 2 Package
- MGMT 340 Week 5 Project: Systems Design SDLC Phase 3 Package
- MGMT 340 Week 6 Project: System Implem. & Operation SDLC Phase 4 Package
- MGMT 340 Week 7 Project: System Implem. & Operation SDLC Phase 4 Package
- MGMT 340 All Homework Week 1 – 7
- MGMT 340 All Quizzes Week 1 – 7
- MGMT 340 Week 1 Homework: Problems and Exercises
- Chapter 1__1. Why is it important to use systems analysis and design methodologies when building a system? Why not just build the system in whatever way seems to be “quick and easy?” What value is provided by using an “engineering” approach?
8. How might prototyping be used as part of the SDLC?
Chapter 2__3. In the section on choosing off-the-shelf software, eight criteria are proposed for evaluating alternative packages. Suppose the choice is between alternative custom software developers rather than prewritten packages. What criteria would be appropriate to select and compare among competing bidders for the custom development of an application? Define each of these criteria.
4. How might the project team recommending an ERP design strategy justify its recommendation as compared with other types of design strategies?
- MGMT 340 Week 2 Homework: Problems and Exercises
- Chapter 3__ 2. What are some sources of risk in a systems analysis and design project, and how does a project manager cope with risk during the stages of project management?
4. Suppose that you have been contracted by a jewelry store to manage a project to create a new inventory tracking system. Describe your initial approach to the project. What should your first activity be? What information would you need? To whom might you need to speak?
Chapter 4__ 1. The economic analysis carried out during project identification and selection is rather superficial. Why is this? Consequently, what factors do you think tend to be most important for a potential project to survive this first phase of the life cycle?
6. Assuming monetary benefits of an information system at $85,000 per year, one-time costs of $75,000, recurring costs of $35,000 per year, a discount rate of 12 percent, and a five-year time horizon, calculate the net present value of these costs and benefits of an information system. Also, calculate the overall return on investment of the project and then present a break-even analysis. At what point does break even occur?
- MGMT 340 Week 3 Homework: Problems and Exercises
- Chapter 5__ Questions 1 and 3
Chapter 6__ Q 8. Consider the DFD in Figures 6-20. (Page 180 of text). List three errors (rule violations) on this DFD. (5 points)
Q 9. Consider the three DFDs in Figures 6-21 (Page 180 of text). List three errors (rule violations) on these DFDs. (5 points)
- MGMT 340 Week 4 Homework: Problems and Exercises
- Chapter 7__ 5. Consider the E-R diagram in Figure 7-20. Based on this E-R diagram, answer the following questions:
a. How many EMPLOYEES can work on a project?
b. What is the degree of the Used_on relationship?
c. Do any associative entities appear in this diagram? If so, name them.
d. How else could the attribute Skill be modeled?
e. What attributes might be attached to the Works_on relationship?
f. Could TOOL be modeled as an associative entity? Why or why not?
16. The owner of two pizza parlors located in adjacent towns wants to computerize and integrate sales transactions and inventory management within and between both stores. The point-of-sale component must be easy to use and flexible enough to accommodate a variety of pricing strategies and coupons. The inventory management, which will be linked to the point-of-sale component, must also be easy to use and fast. The systems at each store need to be linked so that sales and inventory levels can be determined instantly for each store and for both stores combined. The owner can allocate $40,000 for hardware and $20,000 for software and must have the new system operational in three months. Training must be short and easy. Briefly describe three alternative systems for this situation and explain how each would meet the requirements and constraints. Are the requirements and constraints realistic? Why or why not?
17. Compare the alternative systems from Problem and Exercise 16 using the weighted approach demonstrated in Figure 7-19. Which system would you recommend? Why? Was the approach taken in this and Problem and Exercise 16 useful even for this relatively small system? Why or why not?
- MGMT 340 Week 5 Homework: Problems and Exercises
- Chapter 8__ 3. Imagine the worst possible reports from a system. What is wrong with them? List as many problems as you can. What are the consequences of such reports? What could go wrong as a result? How does the prototyping process help guard against each problem?
4. Given the guidelines presented in this chapter, identify flaws in the design of the Report of Employees shown below. What assumptions about users and tasks did you make in order to assess this design? Redesign this report to correct these flaws.
- MGMT 340 Week 6 Homework: Problems and Exercises
- Chapter 10__ 1. Consider the reasons implementations fail. For at least three of these reasons, explain why this happens, if there is one (or more) type of implementation likely to minimize the occurrence, and if there is one (or more) type of installation more likely to induce failure for this reason
2. Two members of your project development team are disagreeing about the relative importance of training and documentation. Sam strongly believes that training is far more important because it will ensure the successful implementation of the information system and that early usage is a positive experience. Pat encounters that user documentation is far more important because its impact can help not only the current users but also future users. Which do you think is right, and why?
5. Due to advances in technology and widespread computer literacy, many organizations use e-learning extensively to train employees. If you were managing a system implementation and had to train on a limited budget, you may find yourself choosing between e-learning or conducting face-to-face training with a subset of users who would then train their departments (called train the trainers). Which would you choose and why?
6. Is it good or bad for corporations to rely on vendors for computing support? List arguments both for and against reliance on vendors as part of your answer.
- MGMT 340 Week 7 Homework: Problems and Exercises
- Appendix A__ 1. The use-case diagram shown in Figure A-1 captures the Student billing function but does not contain any function for accepting tuition payment from students. Revise the diagram to capture this functionality. Also, express some common behavior among the two use cases in the revised diagram by using include relationships.
Appendix B__ 1. When should you use an Agile method, and when should you use an engineering-based method for developing a system? Support your answer.
- MGMT 340 Week 1: The Systems Development Environment – Quiz
- Question : (TCO 1) The information system includes all of the following EXCEPT
- Question : (TCO 1) The process of breaking the description of a system down into its smaller components best defines
- Question : (TCO 1) The extent to which a system or subsystem performs a single function defines
- Question : (TCO 1) A centralized database that contains all diagrams, forms and report definitions, data structure, data definitions, process flows and logic, and definitions of other organizational and system components best describes
- Question : (TCO 3) In which SDLC phase will the analyst study the organization’s current procedures and the information systems used to perform tasks?
- Question : (TCO 3) Priorities for systems and projects are deliverables for the
- Question : (TCO 3) A systems development methodology created to radically decrease the time needed to design and implement information systems best…..
- Question : (TCO 3) The practice of turning over responsibility of some or all of an organization’s information systems applications and operations……..
- Question : (TCO 3) An organization should acquire software from in-house developers when
- Question : (TCO 3) Reusing software can
- MGMT 340 Week 2: Systems Planning and Selection – Quiz
- Question : (TCO 2) Which of the following is NOT a project management phase?
- Question : (TCO 2) Developing an understanding of the content and complexity of the project is the purpose of
- Question : (TCO 2) During which of the following project planning activities do you use the information regarding tasks and resource availability to assign time estimates to each activity in the work breakdown structure?
- Question : (TCO 2) The third phase of the project management process in which the plans created in the prior phases are put…..
- Question : (TCO 2) The final phase of the project management process that focuses on bringing a project to an end is called
- Question : (TCO 2) Slack time is equal to
- Question : (TCO 2) A technique that uses the optimistic, pessimistic, and realistic time to calculate the expected time for a particular…..
- Question : (TCO 2) Which of the following is one of the three primary activities associated with identifying and selecting IS development projects?
- Question : (TCO 2) The ratio of the net cash receipts of the project divided by the cash outlays of the project, enabling trade-off analysis to be made between competing projects, is often referred to as
- Question : (TCO 2) A benefit derived from the creation of an information system that can be measured in dollars……
- MGMT 340 Week 3: Determining System Requirements – Quiz
- Question : (TCO 3) The impertinence characteristic of a good systems analyst is represented by which of the following statements?
- Question : (TCO 3) Techniques developed to keep the analysis effort minimal, yet still effective include
- Question : (TCO 3) Which of the following can be considered an advantage of open-ended questions?
- Question : (TCO 3) The analysis of documents can help you identify
- Question : (TCO 3) Which of the following is a true statement regarding JAD?
- Question : (TCO 4) Graphically representing the processes that capture, manipulate, store, and distribute data between a system and its environment and among components within a system refers to
- Question : (TCO 4) The diagram that shows the scope of the system, indicating what elements are inside and outside the system,….
- Question : (TCO 4) Which of the following would be considered when diagramming?
- Question : (TCO 4) An arrow on a data-flow diagram represents a(n)
- Question : (TCO 4) On a data-flow diagram, a rectangle with rounded corners represents a(n)
- MGMT 340 Week 4: Structuring Systems Requirements – Quiz
- Question : (TCO 5) Conceptual data modeling is typically done in parallel with other requirements analysis and structuring steps during
- Question : (TCO 5) On an entity-relationship diagram, a rectangle represents a(n)
- Question : (TCO 5) Vehicle identification number, color, weight, and horsepower best exemplify
- Question : (TCO 5) An attribute that can have more than one value for each entity instance is referred to as
- Question : (TCO 5) The number of entity types that participate in a relationship refers to
- Question : (TCO 5) A simultaneous relationship among instances of three entity types is a
- Question : (TCO 5) A relationship that the data modeler chooses to model as an entity type best defines
- Question : (TCO 6) During which of the following steps will you bring the current phase to a close, prepare a report and presentation to management concerning the continuation of the project, and get ready to move the project into design?
- Question : (TCO 6) Which of the following is a true statement regarding mid-range alternatives?
- Question : (TCO 6) A good number of alternatives to generate is
- MGMT 340 Week 5: Systems Design – Quiz
- Question : (TCO 7) Which of the following is an example of a form?
- Question : (TCO 7) Which of the following is an example of a report?
- Question : (TCO 7) When designing a form or report, which of the following is a fundamental question?
- Question : (TCO 7) Commonly used methods for highlighting include
- Question : (TCO 7) Which of the following is a guideline for displaying text?
- Question : (TCO 7) Reversing the sequence of one or more characters in a field is called
- Question : (TCO 7) The sequence of interaction between a user and a system best describes a(n)
- Question : (TCO 7) Which of the following is NOT a true statement regarding a relation?
- Question : (TCO 7) The process of converting complex data structures into simple, stable data structures is referred to as
- Question : (TCO 7) A foreign key in a relation that references the primary key values of that same relationship is referred to as a
- MGMT 340 Week 6: Implementation Plan – Quiz
- Question : (TCO 9) The deliverables from the coding, testing, and installation processes include
- Question : (TCO 9) A testing technique in which the program code is sequentially executed manually by the reviewer is referred to as
- Question : (TCO 9) The purpose of acceptance testing is to
Need Guide to Entire Course?
Are your checks across the corner? Are you thinking, I want a person to take my online exam? Do you need a person that will help you out in those dire instances of yours? Welcome to Get Exam Done. We are an educational assistance provider that connects expert lecturers to suffering college students. We assist college students with their online checks with the aid of using supporting them hands-on all through the examination. It does not rely on what your difficulty is, we’ve got professionals in all of them. So, come aboard! Let’s deal with your take my examination online worries. We are to be had 24/7. You can name us anytime, communicate approximately your online examination problems, and get solutions.