Download New MIS582 Lab 1
Download New MIS582 Lab 1
iLab 1 of 4: SQL Queries Using MySQL (75 points)
This week, you will learn to create and run SQL SELECT queries in the MySQL database. You will need to create a database in MySQL via Omnymbus, run a SQL script to create tables and insert data, and create and execute SQL SELECT queries using the STUDENT table.
Please ensure that you can connect to MySQL/Omnymbus via the account your Professor has emailed to you. Please consult the document titled MySQLOmnymbusSupport.docx located in the Doc-Sharing folder titled Omnymbus Tutorial Files for instructions on how to get help for any issues that you are having with the MySQL/Omnymbus Environment.
Submit your assignment to Dropbox, located at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use Dropbox, read these step-by-step instructions.
(See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due dates.)
• SQL file named LastName_Lab1_Query.sql containing SELECT statements
• Word document named LastName_Lab1_Output containing queries and output
• Zip the files, and upload the zipped file to Week 1: iLab Dropbox.
Omnymbus – MySQL
Access the software at https://devry.edupe.net:8300
STEP 1: Logging in to Omnymbus
• Look at your email account to obtain the MySQL/Omnymbus account and password that your Professor has emailed to you.
• To help you log into the MySQL Omnymbus environment, download the tutorial Login MySQL Omnymbus Environment in the Doc-Sharing folder titled “Omnymbus Tutorial Files”.
STEP 2: Create a Database and modify your script to reference your Database
Create a MySQL database:
• Download the tutorial Creating a Database in MySQL Omnymbus Environment from the folder in Doc-Sharing titled Omnymbus Tutorial Files. Follow the steps to create a database in MySQL, especially paying attention to the database naming conventions specified in the tutorial.
• Download the WeekOneiLabScript.sql file from Doc Sharing in the folder titled iLab Documents
STEP 3: Running script file in MySQL, create SQL SELECT Queries
Run scripts files in MySQL:
Query1 Write a SQL statement to display Student’s First and Last Name.
Query 2 Write a SQL statement to display the Major of students with no duplications. Do not display student names.
Query3 Write a SQL statement to display the First and Last Name of students who live in the Zip code 82622
Query4 Write a SQL statement to display the First and Last Names of students who live in the Zip code 97912 and have a major in CS.
Query5 Write a SQL statement to display the First and Last Names of students who live in the Zip code 82622 or 37311. Do not use IN.
Query6 Write a SQL statement to display the First and Last Names of students who have a major in Business or Math. Use IN.
Query7 Write a SQL statement to display the First and Last Names of students who have the Class greater than 1 and less than 10. Use the SQL command BETWEEN.
Query8 Write a SQL statement to display the First and Last Names of students who have a last name that starts with an S.
Query9 Write a SQL statement to display the First and Last Names of students having an a in the second position of their first names.
Query10 Write a SQL expression to display each Status and the number of occurrences of each status using the Count(*) function; display the result of the Count(*) function as CountStatus. Group by Status and display the results in descending order of CountStatus.
• Download the tutorial Running SQL Scripts in MySQL Omnymbus environment from the folder in Doc-Sharing titled Omnymbus Tutorial Files. Follow those steps to help execute the WeekOneiLabScript.sql file needed to create the needed tables and insert data into them.
Create SQL SELECT Queries:
• Using the data in the Student table in the database, create a SQL script file named LastName_Lab1_Query.sql, containing queries to execute each of the tasks below.
• To reference, learn and apply MySQL’s dialect of the SQL language to this iLab, browse through the file M10C_KROE8352_13_SE_WC10C.pdf in the Doc-Sharing folder titled My SQL Documents.
• Save each query with a screenshot of the output in an MS Word document named Lastname_Lab1_Output.
STEP 4: Save and Upload to Dropbox
When you are done, zip the files Lastname_Lab1_Query.sql and Lastname_Lab1_Query_Output file and upload them to the Week 1: iLab Dropbox.
Correct queries will be awarded the number of points shown below:
4 points: Query 1
5 points: Query 2 – 9
6 points: Query 10
The following rubrics will be used for incorrect queries:
0 points: The query was not turned in with the assignment.
-4 points: Query will not run.
-3 points: Query runs but is incorrect because query required a WHERE clause to meet requirements which were not included.
-2 points: Query runs but is incorrect because WHERE clause contained errors, gives a popup for user input, or only meets partial requirements.
Need to Purchase Labs?
Are you a struggling pupil who isn’t able to handle the strain he is dealing with withinside the case of taking the internet tests due to numerous extraordinary activities? Or are you finding it very complicated to finish the given tests at once with some top-notch grades? Don’t worry, Examshelpers help you in this situation! The IWantOnlineclasshelp.com company enterprise is the terrific top-notch service you can avail of in recent times for the betterment of your future and the suitable affiliation of premium-level of test-taking services on your behalf. We have been constantly providing super help to every & every pupil who turned searching out affordable, reliable, and qualitative services in a well-timed manner. Whether it ways about exam problems or exam-related problems, you are facing, we’re capable of covering in the course of paying a person to take my online exam services on the go. The Online Test Help query is solved properly right here quickly. Just call us or mail us, and we may be there to hold some professional top-notch exam-taking services with a money-once-more guarantee, consequently, you will not have anything to drop. Pay to do a web exam now. For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486