Download New NR 602 Week 3 Immunization Case Study Assignment (Multiple Versions)
Download New NR 602 Week 3 Immunization Case Study Assignment Multiple Versions
The purpose of this assignment is to familiarize the student with the most recent guidelines and recommendations for vaccine-preventable illnesses in the United States.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify vaccines available in the US market for vaccine-preventable diseases and describe their features.
- Identify contraindications and precautions for the use of vaccines available.
- Use recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice (ACIP) to identify target groups for receipt of each vaccine.
- The Immunization assignment is worth 100 points and will … on the quality of the content, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Submit the paper as a Microsoft Word Document, which is the required format at Chamberlain University. You are encouraged to use the APA Academic Writer when creating your assignment.
- Follow the directions below and the grading criteria located in the rubric closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum or emailed to your faculty.
- The length of the paper should be 2-3 pages, excluding the title page and reference page(s). The title and reference pages should be in APA format.
- Vaccination schedules should … directly from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Resources for Healthcare Providers’ website and reflect the most current recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Additional scholarly resources may be used and all sources must be cited appropriately.
Following the directions above, answer each of the following case scenario questions:
Case # 1
You are rotating in the newborn nursery. Your next admission is a term newborn born at 3.5 kg, and all maternal labs are negative. The infant’s exam is normal.
- What vaccine(s) should she receive and why?
- … What would you do if the mother tested positive for Hepatitis B?
- What would you do if the mother’s Hepatitis B status was unknown?
Case # 2
Your first patient in the primary care clinic is a healthy 2-month-old. She received Hep B #1 in the nursery. She is a term infant and her parents have no concerns. Her exam is normal and there are no contraindications to giving her vaccines.
- Which vaccines should the child receive at this visit?
- When should she return and which ones would you administer at the next visit?
- Which vaccination combinations can … minimize the number of needle injections, if available?
Case # 3
A healthy 5-year-old comes in with her mother for a well-child check in November. Her routine vaccines are up to date through 2 years old, but she has never received a vaccine for influenza. Her exam is normal.
- Which vaccines do you recommend at this visit?
- What anticipatory guidance should … given to a child receiving a flu vaccine at this age?
- Are there any contraindications for the vaccines that you recommended today?
Case # 4
An 11-year-old girl presents for a routine well-child check. Her immunizations are up to date. Her exam is normal and there are no contraindications to giving her vaccines.
- Which vaccine(s) do you recommend at this visit?
- The mother states that she only wants her daughter to have “the one … for school this year but not the others”. How should the Nurse Practitioner counsel the mother and the patient?
- The mother is agreeable to proceeding with vaccine administration today. Are additional doses needed? If yes, a state which ones and when.
Need to Buy Assignments?
Are your assessments throughout the corner? Are you thinking, I need someone to take my online exam? Do you want someone to help you out in the ones dire times of yours? Welcome to Get Exam Done. We are an academic help issuer that connects professional academics to struggling university college students. We help university college students with their online assessments with the useful resource of usage of assisting them hands-on at some stage in the exam. It does now no longer depend on what your issue is, we have got were given specialists in all of them. So, come aboard! Let’s cope with your take my exam online worries. We are available 24/7. You can call us anytime, speak about your online exam problems, and get solutions.