Download New Liberty University PSYC 365 Quiz 2
- Gina became ill after eating turkey on Thanksgiving and was unable to look at turkey without feeling ill for two months. However, during those two months, Gina was able to look at the chicken without feeling ill. Gina’s behavior, when presented with chicken, is explained by:
- Six-year-old Jack has recently learned to appreciate the value of money, so his father assigns him some simple housekeeping chores to be performed throughout the week. He tells Jack that completion of these chores will earn him an allowance of one dollar every Saturday. Jack rarely completes his chores. From an operant conditioning perspective, which one of the following is most likely to be the reason why Jack is not doing his chores?
- John and Bill have both learned that when they whine and complain, their teacher will hurry over to see what’s wrong. John’s teacher gives him attention every time he complains. However, Bill’s teacher gives him attention only on some of the occasions he complains. Both teachers eventually realize that they are reinforcing the boys for inappropriate behavior and so both stop attending to the boys when they whine and complain. From a behaviorist perspective, we can predict that:
- Which one of the following responses is most likely to be learned through classical conditioning?
- Which one of the following accurately describes the difference between negative reinforcement and punishment?
- Classical conditioning and operant conditioning are two learning paradigms within the behaviorist tradition. A major difference between these two paradigms is that:
- After being bitten by a neighbor’s dog, Kathy is now afraid of the puppy her family has just adopted. Kathy’s father gives Kathy a hot fudge sundae; then, while she is happily eating it, he brings the puppy about fifteen feet from where she is sitting. On each successive day, Kathy gets another ice cream treat, and her father brings the puppy a little closer than he did on the previous day. Eventually, Kathy can pet and enjoy the new puppy. Kathy’s father is using a procedure known as:
- Teachers and other practitioners must be very careful in their use of punishment as a means of changing behavior. Three of the following are potential disadvantages of using punishment. Which statement about punishment is false?
- For which of the following students would behaviorist approaches instruction be least helpful?
- Longman is using programmed instruction in teaching her geography class. Which one of the following are students least likely to encounter in their instruction?
- Smythe keeps Eric after school whenever he swears in class. Even though Eric has been kept after school each day for the past three weeks, his swearing has increased rather than decreased. Given what we know about the effects of punishment on behavior, Ms. Smythe should probably conclude that:
- An instructional objective that requires students to rephrase a definition in their own words is at the ________ level in Bloom’s taxonomy.
- If you were to apply the concept of terminal behavior in teaching a lesson, which one of these things would you do?
- Sloan wanted to use behaviorist approaches in her classroom. She decided to test the students many times throughout her course. Which assessment practice is she employing?
- A variety of discipline-specific professional organizations have developed context area standards (e.g., Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards) that educators might apply in identifying instructional objectives for a classroom or school district. Three of the following are accurate statements about these standards. Which one is not necessarily true?
Need Guide to Course?
If you’re looking for instant exam help to reduce stress, the most effective Take-a-Study solutions are just a click away. Professional mentoring can help you solve the weakest problems and achieve outrageous results. IWantOnlineclasshelp.com has online problem-checking helpers who understand all the components required for the best results. We pay for hobbies while you ask us for live exam support. All you need is to rent online exam help. Pay Someone to Take My Online Class tutors to create question papers based primarily on your past materials. They collect the solutions you request.