Download New PSYC 716-Theories and Research in Industrial Organizational Psychology
Critical examination of current theory and research in industrial/organizational psychology. Focus on organizational development, workplace attitudes, research on personnel and management, as well as key theories in industrial/organizational psychology.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The purpose of this course is to equip the student with a solid theoretical basis from which to engage in scholarly research in the field of industrial/organizational psychology. This course will assist the student in exploring current theories, practices, and trends relating to organizational development. The student will survey key topics and theories in industrial/organizational psychology with a focus on understanding what has been and what is currently known in the field.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe key theories in industrial/organizational psychology.
- Assess integral elements of organizational development.
- Evaluate research related to personnel and management.
- Explain factors impacting workplace attitudes.
- Utilize biblical principles to interpret research in industrial/organizational psychology.
Assigned article readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided prompt for each Discussion. Each thread must be at least 400 words, contain at least 1 textbook citation, 1 peer-reviewed source citation, 1 Scriptural citation, and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads. Each reply must be at least 250 words and contain at least 1 textbook citation, 1 peer-reviewed source citation, and 1 Scriptural citation. Follow current APA guidelines.
Job Analysis Interview Assignment
The student will engage in an interview designed to better understand the elements involved in a job analysis. The student will practice interview skills while working to better understand procedures for conducting a job analysis. The student will report on findings related to the interview in a 2 to 3-page paper. The paper should follow APA guidelines for professional papers.
Annotated Bibliography Assignment
The student will locate four scholarly articles published within the past 10 years related to the topic of employee training and development and annotate each article. Each annotation should be at least 250 words in length. The annotated bibliography should follow current APA guidelines.
PowerPoint Presentation Assignment
The student will prepare an 8–10-slide PowerPoint presentation that focuses on what is known in the research about promoting employee health and well-being with citations and references presented in the current APA format. The student will develop a narrated PowerPoint presentation that explains 4 research-based recommendations for improving employee health, safety, and/or well-being. The student should work to make the presentation visually attractive. The presentation must include at least 2 recommendations that support the topic from a biblical perspective. The presentation must include at least 4 scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles in addition to the Bible.
Research Paper Assignment
The student will write an 8–10-page research-based paper that focuses on identifying what is known in the research about leadership theory. The student will pick a specific leadership theory to examine with specificity. The paper will include an analysis of the topic from a biblical perspective. The paper must include at least 5 scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles in addition to the Bible. The paper should follow APA guidelines for professional papers.
The student will take a reflective quiz consisting of five essay questions covering the textbook reading. The quiz will have a 3-hour time limit. Each essay question should meet a 400-word minimum with the current APA format for citations and reference lists. It is expected that the textbook will be used as a source. Additional source support is encouraged but not required.
Want Guide to Course?
- You might find a straightforward framework to rent for a variety of services when you go to IWantOnlineClassHelp.com. However, you can just fill out the form on my website, iwantonlineclasshelp.com, if you’re interested in my online test-related services. Your details, including your name, Request ID, contact information, and dispatch address, will be used by the experts handling the arrangement. Give you many challenging tests to pass once this cycle is over.
- You should pay for the services once you’ve chosen the a la mode price. In the beginning, the control company’s primary focus will be on subject and paired preparation. In accordance with the schedule, we meet your requirements and guarantee that you will give Pay Somebody To Take My Class an impressive chance at an A or B grade. You can generally relax with your loved ones, prioritize what matters most to you, and let our expert team take care of everything else.