Download New RESP 422-Current Issues in Respiratory Care
An analysis of current administrative, legal, regulatory, and professional issues and current trends which influence the administration of respiratory therapy.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
Education, competencies, and modes of care are continuously changing in the practice of respiratory care. This course will prepare the respiratory therapist to be more aware of the current issues in respiratory care. The course will focus on professional trends, growth, and changes along with current clinical topics.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes
The below are the Respiratory Therapy Program Learning Outcomes (PLO):
- Comprehend, apply, and evaluate clinical informtherapistssevant to their roles as registered respiratory therapists (cognitive domain).
- Perform the technical skills of therapists to fulfill their role as a registered respiratory therapist (psychomotor domain).
- Demonstrate professional behavior consistent with clinical rotation site expectations as a registered respiratorproblem-solvingfective domain).
- Utilize critical thinking/problem-solving skills to develop the best patient treatment for those suffering from cardiopulmonary disease.
- Integrate the biblical worldview into all aspects of respiratory therapy.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will have been introduced to PLO A, emphasized D, and reinforced E.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the role and mission statements of the AARC, NBRC, and CoARC.
- Describe the need for bachelor’s level entry into the field of respiratory therapy.
- Analyze the AARC Human Resource Study data.
- Discuss what role the Advanced Practice Respiratory Therapist would potentially have.
- Discuss evidence-based medicine (EBM) and why evidenced-based clinical practice guidelines are not routinely followed.
- Discuss patient safety with mechanical ventilation and alarm fatigue.
- Understand the concepts and benefits of transpulmonary pressure-guided mechanical ventilation for ARDS and obese patients.
- Describe therapies that can improve mortality in ARDS.
- Discuss organ donation and the role of live donor donations from a Christian Worldview.
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions Total (6)
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided prompt. Each thread must be at least 250 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge with at least 1 scholarly reference. References must be in Respiratory Care Journal formatting. Details can be located by clicking here. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads. Each reply must be at least 125 words with at least 1 scholarly reference using RCJ format. The replies must also include at least one biblical reference that supports the student’s ideas of education, commitment, or leadership.
The student will submit a 3–5-page paper on the education and credential necessary for the entry-level respiratory therapist. The student must discuss what should be the minimum educational level for a respiratory therapist entering the field (for example associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or graduate degree). The student will also discuss what should be the entry-level credential for a respiratory therapist (CRT or RRT). The student will use scholarly evidence to support these topics within the profession or other healthcare professions. The paper must use 12-point font, double spacing, and include at least 3 scholarly references. References must be in Respiratory Care Journal formatting.
Total Quizzes (2)
There will be 2 quizzes. Quiz: The midterm will cover the material from the first half of the course. Quiz: Final will cover material from the second half of the course. The quizzes will be open-book/open notes, contain 50 multiple-choice and true/false questions, and have a 2-hour time limit.
Need Assistance with Course?
If you’re looking for instant exam support to de-stress, the answer is just a click away. Professional mentoring can help you solve the weakest problems and achieve unprecedented results. There was a problem. See online help at IWantOnlineclasshelp.com. It knows all the important additives that will help you achieve your ideals to the fullest.
- If you request housing evaluation assistance, we will pay interest.
- I just want to rent and Pay Someone to Take My Exam.
- Our online exam tutors create questionnaires based primarily on track material. You will get whatever answer you seek.
For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486