Download New SMGT 501-Social Issues in Sport Management
This course will examine the social institution of sport and its consequences for the North American society; the social organization from play to professional sport; violence and discrimination; women and ethnic minorities in sport; and the socialization implications from participation in sports.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
This course has as its primary aims an increase in the awareness of, knowledge of, and skills in addressing social issues in sport; additionally, the course will provide an introduction to the legal aspects of sport, as they pertain to the social standards in sport.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the social problems related to sport in its dimensions as play, competition, leisure, education, and work.
- Analyze current sport issues from a spiritual perspective, develop and analyze a personal philosophy regarding social responsibility, and synthesize current sport issues with a Christian worldview.
- Identify the social and cultural trends and attitudes, which have resulted in the exclusion of demographic groups from sport.
- Synthesize and analyze the relationship between society and sport, recognizing how they affect and influence each other.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the sociological theories that apply to sport, the history of sport, and the influence of politics, materialism, the media, religion, and economics on sport.
- Critique and apply the sociological theories that apply to sport, the history of sport, and the influence of politics, materialism, the media, religion, and economics on sport.
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of sport management professionals as depicted in codes of professional ethics, and justify personal and management values and principles.
Textbook readings, video lecture presentations, websites, and a movie.
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
The student will complete 4 Discussions in this course. Current and archived issues of sports publications from the Jerry Falwell Library website will be used as the basis for research and discussion. The student will complete a thread of at least 400 words, using at least 1 scholarly resource cited in current APA format from his/her research and 1 Scripture reference, and complete 2 replies of at least 200 words, using his/her personal experience and optional outside resources.
Analysis Paper Assignments (8)
There are 8 Analysis Paper Assignments (short, hands-on, real-world, sports-sociology-related papers) that the student will complete. Each assignment must be at least 2 full pages (1-inch margins, double-spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman font), include an original title, the student’s name, and a reference page with at least 2 scholarly resources and 1 biblical passage, and use current APA format.
There will be 8 open-book/open-notes quizzes that will be completed. Each quiz will contain 20 multiple-choice questions and have a 1-hour time limit.
Want Assistance with the Course?
When you are at IWantOnlineClassHelp.com, renting a remarkable range of services may be a simple process. Simply fill out the form on the www.iwantonlineclasshelp.com website if you are interested in my online exam-related services. Once you have completed this process, the sales representatives will use your information, including your Order-ID, name, contact information, email address, etc. to provide you with a few competitive quotes. Once you accept the best possible quote, you must pay for the services. The control team will then focus more on finding matched tutoring and subject combinations.
We cater to meet all of your desires even Prior to the closing date with great feasible A or B grades in an assured manner concerning pay someone to take my online exam query.
You can in reality spend a little amusement time together along with your cherished ones, cope with the distinct priorities you’ve got for your existence, and depart the relaxation to our expert crew.
For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486