Get the Best HLTH 636-Contemporary School Health Issues
This course focuses on classroom and school-related public health issues confronting public and private schools in the 21st century. Solutions will be explored from the Christian worldview using “salt & light” strategies in the spirit of 1 Peter 3:15.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The purpose of this course is to expose students to various controversial public health issues that plague today’s children in public and private schools. The course focuses on classroom and school-related health issues that confront Christian teachers in public and private school settings in the 21st century. Public health professionals need to be able to effectively educate students, school officials, and stakeholders in the district to reduce various health risk factors.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify key health issues affecting the school setting.
- Identify public health issues such as injuries, violence, and bullying.
- Describe a public health problem in the school environment.
- Explain the importance of epidemiology for issues such as sexually transmissible infections and sexuality education.
- Comprehend current trends of social networking and the implications of emotional and social health.
- Describe current epidemiologic trends affecting public schools.
- Explore public health problems such as obesity and eating disorders.
- Design curriculum from an epidemiological standpoint.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations/notes
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
The student will complete 4 Discussions in this course. The student will post one thread and post 2 replies.
Article Review Assignments (2)
The student will review 2 articles in this course. The articles will be preselected for the student. Each review must be at least 1 page and in the current AMA format.
Activity Assignments (2)
The student will explore 2 activities relating to the course textbook reading and topics.
Case Study Assignments (2)
The student will complete 2 case studies exploring various aspects of the textbook reading and study materials.
Advocacy Activity Assignment
The student will outline an effective plan to advocate for improvements in a public health issue (or hypothetical) affecting your local/state school district.
Research Paper Assignments (4)
This paper will be completed in 4 steps:
Quiz: Research Paper: Topic Selection
The student will submit a topic as a Word document with his/her name and the topic title on the first page.
Research Paper: References Assignment
The student will submit a works cited list with at least 10 peer-reviewed references in the current AMA format in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible.
Research Paper: Outline Assignment
The student will create an outline following a hierarchy using the template provided. The student may use short phrases for this assignment.
Research Paper: Final Assignment
The student will write a 12-page research-based paper in the current AMA format that focuses on school health issues. The paper must include at least 10 peer-reviewed references in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible.
Each quiz will cover the Learn material for assigned modules. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 25 multiple-choice and/or true/false questions, and have a 1-hour time limit.
Want a Guide to Course?
Get Exam Done provides qualified online tutors to college students across the state. All aspects of the course including assignments, discussions, tests, and exams are covered by our online tutoring service. We hire professionals who can deal with emergencies to help college students. Whether you’re struggling with an assignment or paying someone to take my online class, we’ve got you covered.
- Our online tutors will help you complete your tasks and help We work 24 hours a day, seven days a week to solve any problems you may have.
- Our online course provider also sets fair prices.
- Get your online learning aids today and start working toward the grades you want!