Get the Best PRTH 172-Hermeneutics I
A study of the historical background, rules, principles, and methods of sound biblical interpretation. The course includes a review of English grammar.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The purpose of this course is to launch the student into the arena of formal biblical analysis. The student needs specific information, tools, skills, and guidance for properly studying the Holy Scriptures. This course assists the learner in using basic Bible study tools in association with proper procedures for gathering raw data and processing that data such that it can be interpreted and applied to daily living.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze various Old and New Testament passages to discern historical, cultural, and grammatical elements.
- Explain the elements featured in selected Bible passages.
- Explain the differences in wording among various Bible translations.
- Prepare lexical word studies using a Bible concordance.
- Apply appropriate biblical principles to ethical dilemmas in a ministry setting.
Textbook readings and lecture presentation/notes
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student will complete 2 Discussions throughout the course. The student will post 1 thread of at least 400 words and 2 replies of at least 200 words each. (MLOs: B, C).
Bible Reading Log Assignment
The student will read the assigned biblical passage. After completing the reading, the student will fill out the template form provided (MLO: B).
Bible Observation Drill Assignment
The student will complete a Bible Observation Drill by filling out the provided template. The drill will ask the student to read and analyze a specific biblical passage (MLOs: A, B).
Immediate Context Assignment
The student will analyze assigned biblical verses while considering the preceding and subsequent passages. The student will complete this assignment by filling out the template form provided (MLOs: A, B, E).
Using the Bible Concordance Assignment
The student will use an online database to research the recurrence and varied meanings of specific biblical terms. The student will complete this assignment by filling out the template form provided (MLOs: B, D).
Applying Biblical Principles Assignment
The student will complete this assignment by filling out the template form provided. The student will follow the instructions in the template to complete all parts of the assignment (MLOs: A, B, E).
Understanding the Epistles Assignment
The student will study the book of Philemon and complete the listed assignments by filling out the template form provided (MLOs: A, B, E).
There will be five quizzes that evaluate the student’s comprehension of the Learn material. (MLOs: A, B, C, E).
Need to Purchase Course?
Through Take My Exam, college students around the state can access qualified online instructors. All aspects of the course, including the assignments, discussions, tests, and evaluations, are covered by our online tutoring service.
- We use professionals who can handle problems to help college students.
- Whether you want to pay someone to take an online exam for you or need assistance with an assignment, we can help.
- Our online instructors will help you accomplish your assignments.
- We are available to you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- The vendor of our online courses sets fair prices.
- Get started on getting the grades you want by getting your online study aids right today!