Get Best Liberty University THEO 313 Quiz 2
THEO 313 Test 2 Liberty University
- What is the orthodox description of the doctrine of the Trinity in one to three sentences?
- One way the OT reveals the preexistent Christ is through the appearances of the __ of Yahweh (e. g., Gen 16, 17, 18, and 32; Jud 6, 13).
- Genesis 1:26-27 infers the triune God.
- Which evangelist quotes from Isaiah 6 stating that “Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory”?
- States that our Savior Jesus Christ is God.
- Across the New Testament, we find writers calling Jesus “Lord” in contexts that identify or equate him with YHWH (i.e., Yahweh or Jehovah).
- __ may be defined as any reduction of the three persons of the Trinity to mere modes, phases, or manifestations of the one God.
- Alludes to Deut 6:4 (the Shema) and affirms the equal status of God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The name “Jesus” coupled with the purpose statement in Matthew 1:21 implies that Jesus somehow is Jehovah.
- Jesus claimed to have existed before Abraham.
- Genesis 1:26-27 expresses interpersonal relationships among the Members of the Triune God.
- Which Gospel opens with a statement that equates Jesus the Messiah (the Christ) with the Son of God?
- The human Messiah is called God.
- The construction of the Greek grammar indicates that (1) the Savior Jesus Christ is God, and (2) that God and the Lord Jesus are distinct.
- Define monotheism.
- Deuteronomy 6:4 affirms monotheism.
- Select the verse from the Gospels that describes how Jesus matured as a human.
- According to this passage, God “highly exalted him and gave him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow . . . and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.”
- According to this verse, Jesus has been exalted “above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the age to come.”
- Romans 9:10-10:13 depicts Christ’s deity by relating “the stone that causes people to stumble” (a reference to Yahweh in Isa 8:14) to Jesus (Rom 10:11).
- __ is the belief that the one true God exists as Three Persons – Father, Son, and Spirit.
- __ is any demotion of the Son or Holy Spirit from full deity.
- Which Gospel opens with references to Jesus’ preexistence and divine status?
- The traditional assertion that “God’s triunity is adumbrated in the OT” is that the doctrine of the Trinity is taught clearly in the Old Testament.
- __ is the belief in one God.
- Essay (100-150 words; 10 pts.): Discuss how the New Testament teaching that Jesus is God has significant precedent in Isaiah. Consider especially Isa 7:14; 9:6-7; and 11:1-2.
- Essay (100-150 words; 10 pts.): Discuss the validity of the apocryphal gospels in relation to their attempt to describe Jesus’ childhood and early years. How do some of the apocryphal gospels describe Jesus’ childhood? Are they credible accounts? Why or why not?
- Essay (100-150 words; 10 pts): Explain the significance of Jesus’ human nature in relation to temptation (Matt 4:1-11; Luke 4:1-13; Heb 2:14-18).
- Essay (100-150 words; 10 pts.): Why was it necessary for God the Son to become human? Consider salient Scripture passages and theological ramifications.
- Essay (100-150 words; 10 pts.): In what ways does the NT depict Jesus’ humanity? Consider his human emotions, various responses, etc.
Want Help with Course?
Get Exam Done provides professional online instruction to students nationwide. The Take My Exam service covers everything from assignments, discussions, and tests to quizzes. We have hired talented subject matter experts to support our students. Whether you’re struggling with an assignment or just want to complete a quiz, we’ve got you covered.
- Our online classroom helper works 24/7 to work on projects and address any issues you face.
- Online class services are also available.
- Get online class help now and start your journey to the class you want!