Get Guided BIOS 390 Week 2 Quiz Study Guide Summer 2018
Question Set 1
- (TCO 3) DNA replication is said to be semiconservative because
- (TCO 3) DNA synthesis occurs in
- (TCO 3) Which of the following statements is correct?
Question Set 2
- (TCO 3) During DNA replication, DNA ligase is most active on the lagging strand.
- This is because
- (TCO 3) Phosphodiester bonds are formed between adjacent Okazaki fragments by
- (TCO 3) Which of the following activities are unique for DNA polymerase I?
Question Set 3
- (TCO 3) Once bound to an origin of replication, the origin replication complex (ORC) recruits
- (TCO 3) Positive supercoils ahead of the replication fork are resolved by
Question Set 4
- (TCO 3) Replication licensing ensures that
- (TCO 3) Pre-replication complex assembly
- (TCO 3) Find the incorrect statement. (Describe the replication processes.)
Question Set 5
- (TCO 3) Nucleotide selectivity and proofreading by DNA polymerase depends on
- (TCO 3) Chromatin assembly factor 1 (CAF-1) is thought to aid replication by
- (TCO 3) Telomerase is a ribonucleoprotein complex. The RNA component of the complex
Question Set 6
- (TCO 4) A nonsense mutation is one in which
- (TCO 4) A silent mutation is one in which
- (TCO 4) A missense mutation is one in which
Question Set 7
- (TCO 4) Which statement is not true about the deamination of cytosine? (Describe the deamination of cytosine.)
- (TCO 4) The most frequent ultraviolet (UV) light-induced lesions of DNA are
Question Set 8
- (TCO 4) In human cells, pyrimidine dimers can be repaired by
- (TCO 4) In human DNA, replication errors are repaired by
- (TCO 4) In humans, double-strand DNA damage is repaired by Top of Form
Question Set 9
- (TCO 4) Translesion synthesis is mediated by
- (TCO 4) In the mismatch repair pathway, DNA damage is recognized by
- (TCO 4) Base excision repair is initiated by
Question Set 10
- (TCO 3) Outline the steps of nuclear chromosome replication in eukaryotes, starting from the origin firing and ending with telomere replication.
- (TCO 3) Define the term “replication licensing” and its importance in DNA replication. Explain how this is achieved in a cell.
- (TCO 3) Describe the “end replication problem.” Discuss the role of telomeres as a solution to the end replication problem and also in the aging of a cell.
Question Set 11
- (TCO 3) Why do humans need telomeres and bacteria don’t?
- (TCO 3) Describe an example of “polymerase switching.”
- (TCO 3) Why are RNA primers required during DNA replication?
Question Set 12
- (TCO 3) Compare and contrast the three major classes of DNA damage.
- (TCO 3) Describe the process of translesion synthesis and explain why it is not truly a repair system.
- (TCO 3) What two enzymes catalyze direct reversal of DNA damage? Briefly explain the mechanisms they use. Are both repair pathways present in human cells?
Question Set 13
- (TCO 4) Give an example of a single base change and suggest how that change, if not repaired, will be detrimental to the host.
- (TCO 4) Of the three classes of DNA damage, which is the most detrimental, and why?
- (TCO 4) How can a point mutation have a range of effects—from … undetected to very fatal
Need Help with Quiz?
Our online test-taking assistants are professionals who are graduates of top universities with effective subjective knowledge. Our specialists can contend with the problems you are coping with regard to take my exam for me queries. Everything ranges from smooth subjects to complicated ones, we cover all of them underneath a single platform. In case you have enrolled for more than one issue together along with your online universities assessments and you do now no longer have the time to awareness of every one of them simultaneously then, you can join up for our effective high-quality services, and then genuinely you can get desired help withinside the form of hiring for our specialists for doing my exam online for me at no hesitation. For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486