Get Guided ECON 214 Principles of Macroeconomics
The aggregate supply and demand model is used to analyze macroeconomic problems including business cycles, unemployment, and inflation. Government fiscal and monetary policies that may stabilize the economy are introduced and evaluated. The U.S. financial system and the value of the U.S. dollar in the foreign exchange market are covered.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
ECON 214 teaches the student about the structure of the economy and the interactions among its different sectors so that he/she can make good economic decisions, whether for self or public benefit.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze basic macroeconomic problems including business cycle, unemployment, and inflation/deflation.
- Identify the sources of economic growth.
- Use the aggregate demand and aggregate supply models to analyze macroeconomic problems.
- Explain the impacts of monetary and fiscal policies and their usefulness in reaching economic stability.
- Describe the causes of exchange rate changes and their effects.
- Relate biblical principles to macroeconomic concepts.
- Explain macroeconomic concepts by analyzing current events.
General Education Foundational Skill Learning Outcomes:
- Social and Scientific Inquiry: the ability to employ established methods of exploring the social and natural sciences in order to understand the human experience of various social structures and the natural world.
- SSI1: Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of social and/or natural sciences on the world in which we live.
- SSI2: Demonstrate a biblical understanding of human behavior within various social structures.
- SSI3: Apply solutions for a social and/or scientific dilemma experienced in society.
- Christianity and Contexts: the ability to employ sound methods of interpreting and applying Scripture in order to foster a Christian worldview and relate to God’s past, present, and future redemptive work.
- CC3: Apply the biblical text and its principles to life in a manner that bridges various contexts and considers the implications for personal growth.
- CC4: Articulate how faith in Christ and the theological worldview of Scripture shape one’s purpose for pursuing education, employment, relationships, and socio-cultural engagement, relating these pursuits to the redemptive work of God.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student must participate in 2 Discussions throughout this course. Each thread must be at least 300 words and contain at least 3 citations in the current APA format. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to the threads of at least 2 classmates. Each reply must be at least 100 words and include at least 1 citation in the current APA format. For at least 1 of the replies, the student must choose a topic other than the one he/she discussed in his/her thread. This assignment aligns with the following FSLOs: SSI1, SSI2, CC3, and CC4.
InQuizitive Assignments (13)
The student must complete 13 InQuizitive assignments in an adaptive learning environment. Activities are based upon assigned chapter readings from the course textbook and will require students to answer a minimum number of questions correctly in order to receive full credit. The number of questions and amount of time spent on each activity will vary based on student comprehension of concepts. This assignment aligns with the following FSLOs: SSI1, and SSI3.
Problem Set Assignments (13)
For each Problem Set, the student must answer all of the provided questions. Problem Sets may be accessed by links placed in each module: week. This assignment aligns with the following FSLOs: SSI1, and SSI3.
Fiscal Policy Assignment
The student will investigate specific fiscal policy initiatives taken during the Coronavirus pandemic in the United States and answer questions related to recognizing the effects of the labor market, output, and federal debt. This assignment aligns with the following FSLOs SSI1 and SSI3.
The student must complete 13 quizzes based on the textbook readings. Each quiz will cover the Learn material for the assigned module: week. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 15 multiple-choice questions, and have a 1-hour time limit. This assignment aligns with the following FSLOs SSI1 and SSI3.
Need Assistance with the Course?
Are you seeking out online exam help?
Our take my online take look at specialists will prevent all of the pressure you are taking to clear up checks online. Our examination helper will manual you with the maximum correct answer on your online examination preparations. We propose you seek advice from our online examination helper to discover the proper route for clearing your take-look. Our crew has furnished online examination assistance to many college students in famous international locations just as the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom, in which college students have acquired suitable grades. So, what are you ready for? Take this golden possibility to excel to your take a look. Chat with us today! ([email protected] )