Get Solved BIOL 103 Quiz 1-2-3
- A factor that is intentionally changed by the experimenter is called the
- Which of the following statements is true
- When running an experiment, which variables represent the unknowns we are trying to measure?
- Which is a dependent variable in these experiments?
- What is the ideal number of variables for the experimenter to alter at one time?
- Which of the following is a hypothesis studied in the first activity?
- According to the instructions, the temperature of the water in your second experiment can not be
- Which of the following statements about glove use is true?
- Which variable was not a controlled variable in the first activity?
- If the data matches our predictions, then we say our hypothesis is
- Why was one of the biuret reagent tests a different color from the rest?
- What color does the biuret reagent turn to in the presence of proteins?
- Pancreatin, a fluid secreted by the pancreas into the duodenum (the first region of the small intestine) contains three enzymes called
- Which action is not affected by the release of hydrochloric acid into the stomach?
- Why was one of the iodine potassium iodide tests lighter in color than the others?
- What is the reaction catalyzed by the enzyme pepsin?
- The specific shape enzymes have at their active site allows them to specifically bind to the molecule(s) most generally known as
- What color does the iodine-potassium iodide solution change to in the presence of starch?
- The enzyme in saliva that breaks down starch into its component sugars is known as
- Proteins that act as catalysts to speed up chemical reactions by lowering the activation energy required for the reaction are known as
- Energy for seed germination arises from
- The respirometer containing beads
- In cellular respiration, glucose and oxygen are used to generate
- Which of the following, by itself, generates the greatest number of ATPs?
- The respirometer showing the greatest amount of change during the incubation period was the one containing
- The main form of energy used in cells is
- In this experiment, oxygen consumption was measured by a change in
- Which of the following is not a component part of aerobic cellular respiration?
- Parafilm helps to