Get Solved PSYC 210 End of Life Planning Essay
PSYC 210 End-of-Life Planning Essay
Liberty PSYC 210 End-of-Life Planning Essay Answers
Your Reading & Study folder for Module/Week 8 includes a presentation and website link to information produced by The Conversation Project. After reviewing both resources, reading pp. 768–778 in the textbook, and completing the Biblical Principles Study Guide, write a brief (4 paragraphs) essay using this outline:
The Importance of Planning
Why is end-of-life planning important? What benefits does it to provide to one who is dying and to the survivors? Discuss why end-of-life planning could be important to you at this present time.
Advanced Directives and Worldview
What aspects of end-of-life care are impacted by your worldview? Does the Bible give any direction related to attitude or actions at the end of life? Are there moral or ethical concerns that should be discussed? If you need help getting started, these verses may be helpful:
- Genesis 1:26–27
- Deuteronomy 32:39
- 1 Samuel 2:6
- Romans 13:10
- Ecclesiastes 3:1–3
- Romans 14:7–9
- John 11:25–26
- 2 Corinthians 5:1–9
Using the questions below, create your own plan or a plan for a hypothetical person. Tell how you, or a hypothetical person, might respond to the 5 important questions related to end-of-life planning:
- Assuming that you do not suffer a catastrophic accident, what do you want your last days to look like?
- Who do you want to make decisions for you when you cannot make them for yourself?
- What type of medical care do you want at the end of your life (life support such as a respirator, artificial feeding, or hydration, etc.)?
- How comfortable (pain-free) do you want to be?
- What message do you want to leave for your loved ones?
How has this assignment changed your thoughts related to end-of-life planning? Do you intend to formalize your plans by using one of the suggested resources?