Get the Best DBPC 400 Human Development Across the Lifespan
This course addresses basic principles of human growth and development from pre-birth through early adulthood. Theoretical and biblical constructs are examined with a holistic orientation, as well as factors that impact the parenting process. Ethical concerns and multicultural factors are also considered.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The mental, physical, emotional, social, and spiritual implications of healthy development may vary by child, but research consistently shows the importance of key milestones in each stage. More importantly, there are strategies parents can utilize that foster healthy development for their children in each of these domains.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and discuss contemporary trends and issues related to developmental constructs across the lifespan.
- Demonstrate knowledge of differing developmental priorities across the lifespan for diverse populations.
- Identify and describe characteristics and primary tasks of each of the following developmental stages: infancy, early childhood, middle childhood, pre-adolescence, adolescence, and early adulthood.
- Describe the developmental stages and gender-specific needs of both girls and boys from infancy through early adulthood.
- Think critically and analytically about contemporary developmental theories throughout the lifespan and their relationship to Christian formation.
- Synthesize the empirical research in areas like intellectual, personality, moral, faith, and cultural development, with the Bible in a theologically appropriate manner.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations/notes
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided prompt for each forum. Each thread must be 300 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads. Each reply must be 150 words. (Meets MLOs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).
Interview Summary Assignment
The student will schedule an interview with either a parent, school teacher, or child/adolescent counselor to address the following questions:
- What are the biggest barriers to a child’s emotional, relational, and spiritual development today?
- What is the greatest threat to children and adolescents today?
- What one issue are you most concerned about, that if it is not addressed and/or corrected, can potentially destroy the next generation of young people?
The student will synthesize the interview and submit a 3–4-page summary (not including Title Page or References) in the current APA format incorporating specific observations relevant to developmental stages. (Meets MLOs 1, 2).
Developmental Influences Paper: Girls Assignment
After reviewing relevant research and popular media messaging concerning a potential barrier to the healthy development of today’s girls, the student will write a concise 5-page paper (not including Title Page or Reference Page) in the current APA style. (Meets MLOs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Developmental Influences Paper: Boys Assignment
After reviewing relevant research and popular media messaging concerning a potential barrier to the healthy development of today’s boys, the student will write a concise 5-page paper (not including Title Page or Reference Page) in the current APA style. (Meets MLOs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The student will complete four open-book/open-notes quizzes that will consist of 10 essay questions based on the course’s video, audio, and reading materials. (Meets MLOs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Want Assistance with the Course?
We fear the plight of college students. If you’re wondering if you can pay someone to take your exam, we’ve got you covered. Time is of the essence and students cannot take risks on exams.
In order to support students in this situation, she upgraded the operation from hourly to her 24/7 to solve the student’s concern that one has to take the exam. Our specialist painting completes your watch order. Additionally, our client representatives are always online to cover your employment for those who answer take my exam requests.