Purchase Solved BUSN 379 Week 8 Final Exam Answers
Question (TCO 4) Which of the following is true regarding the evaluation of projects?
- Question (TCO 4) Which of the following investment ranking methods does not consider the time value of money?
- Question (TCO 3 and 4) You can ensure that an investment is expected to create value for
- Question (TCO 3 and 4) What is the net present value of a project with the following cash flows, if the discount rate is 10 percent?
- Question (TCO 4) Howard Company is considering a new project that will require an initial cash investment of $575,000. The project will produce no cash flows for the first three years. The projected cash flows for years 4 through 8 are $73,000, $112,000, $124,000, $136,000, and $145,000, respectively. How long will it take the firm to recover its initial investment in this project?
- Question (TCO 4) The postponement of a project until conditions are more favorable:
- Question (TCO 4) ___________, occurs when a firm cannot raise financing for a project under any circumstances.
- Question (TCO 4) ABC Cameras is considering an investment that will have a cost of $10,000 and the following cash flows: $6,000 in year 1, $4,000 in year 2, and $3,000 in year 3. Assume the cost of capital is 10%. Which of the following is true regarding this investment?
- Question (TCO 4) Assume Company X plans to invest $60,000 in industrial equipment. Using Tables 9.6 and 9.7 of your textbook (Page 277), which is the first-year depreciation amount under MACRS?
- Question (TCO 1 and 4) Assume a corporation has earnings before depreciation, taxes of $100,000, depreciation of $40,000, and that it has a 30 percent tax bracket. What are the after-tax cash flows for the company?
- Question (TCO 8) Which of the following statements is true regarding systematic risk?
- Question (TCO 8) Which statement is true regarding risk?
- Question (TCO 8) The stock of Chocolate Galore is expected to produce the following returns, given the various states of the economy. What is the expected return on this stock?
- Question (TCO 8) You own a portfolio that consists of $8,000 in stock A, $4,600 in stock B, $13,000 in stock C, and $5,500 in stock D. What is the portfolio weight of stock D?
- Question (TCO 8) You currently own a portfolio valued at $24,000 that has a beta of 1.1. You have another $8,000 to invest and would like to invest it in a manner such that the risk of the new portfolio matches that of the overall market. What does the beta of the new security have to be?
- Question (TCO 8) If the financial markets are strong form efficient, then:
- Question (TCO 5) Royal Petroleum Co. can buy a piece of equipment that can be financed with debt at a cost of 9 percent (after-tax) and common equity at a cost of 16%. Assume debt and common equity each represents 50 percent of the firm’s capital structure. What is the weighted average cost of capital?
- Question (TCO 5, 6, and 7) An issue of common stock is expected to pay a dividend of $4.80 at the end of the year. Its growth rate is equal to eight percent. If the required rate of return is 13 percent, what is its current price?
- Question (TCO 5, 6, and 7) Which of the following is not true regarding the cost of debt?
- Question (TCO 5) Which of the following is not true regarding the cost of retained earnings?
- Question (TCO 4) A project has the following cash flows. What is the internal rate of return?
- Question (TCO 5, 6, and 7) Which one of the following is a correct statement regarding a firm’s weighted average cost of capital (WACC)?
- Question (TCO 5, 6, and 7) The six percent preferred stock of FKH Manufacturing is selling for $62 a share. What is the firm’s cost of preferred stock, if the tax rate is 34 percent and the par value per share is $100?
- Question (TCO 2) Which one of the following occurs if a firm files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, but does not generally occur if the firm files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy?
- Question (TCO 5) Which of the following statements is false regarding the cost of capital?
- Question (TCO 2) Select any actions that do not affect the cash account.
- Question (TCO 2) Which of the following statements is true?
- Question (TCO 2) Which one of the following industries is most apt to have the shortest cash cycle?
- Question (TCO 2) Delphinia has the following estimated quarterly sales for next year. The accounts receivable period is 30 days. What is the expected accounts receivable balance at the end of the second quarter? Assume each month has 30 days.
- Question (TCO 1) Why is the maximization of the current value per share a more appropriate financial management goal than profit maximization?
- Question (TCO 1) Which of the following are capital structure concerns?
- Question (TCO 1) Book values are different from market values because:
- Question (TCO 1) Use the following tax table to answer this question:
- Question (TCO 3) Regional Bank offers you an APR of 19 percent compounded semiannually, and Local Bank offers you an EAR of 19.50 percent for a new automobile loan. You should choose ______________ because its _______ is lower.
- Question (TCO 3) You deposited $11,000 in your bank account today. Which of the following will decrease the future value of your deposit, assuming that all interest is reinvested? Assume the interest rate is a positive value. Select all that apply:
- Question (TCO 3) Amy needs to save $20,000 in cash to buy a new car five years from today. She expects to earn 6.5 percent, compounded annually, on her savings. How much does she need to deposit today, if this is the only money she saves for this purpose?
- Question (TCO 3) Paper Pro needed a new store. The company spent $65,000 to refurbish an old shop and create the current facility. The firm borrowed 75 percent of the refurbishment cost at eight percent interest for 11 years. What is the amount of each monthly payment?
- Question (TCO 3) John borrowed $5,500 four years ago at an annual interest rate of 10 percent. The loan term is seven years. Since he borrowed the money, Sonny has been making annual payments of $550 to the bank. Which type of loan does John have?
- Question (TCO 3) Fanta Cola has $1,000 par value bonds outstanding at 12 percent interest. The bonds mature in 25 years. What is the current price of the bond, if the YTM is 11 percent? Assume annual payments.
- Question (TCO 6) The market where one shareholder sells shares to another shareholder is called the _____ market.
- Question (TCO 7) Which one of the following statements concerning financial leverage is correct?
- Question (TCO 3) What is the approximate yield to maturity for a seven-year bond that pays 11 percent interest on a $1000 face value annually if the bond sells for $952?
- Question (TCO 8) Which of the following is true regarding bonds?
- Question (TCO 8) Which one of the following bonds is the most sensitive to interest rate movements?
- Question (TCO 6) A sinking fund is an account managed by a bond trustee for the sole purpose of:
Page 4 (Explanatory)
- Question (TCO 1) Provide three examples of recent well-known unethical behavior cases. Explain the situation in one or two paragraphs. How do you believe that this behavior affected the firm’s value?
- Question (TCO 4) What are sunk costs? Provide at least two real-life examples of sunk costs for a project. Should sunk costs be included as incremental cash flows? Why or why not? Explain your rationale.
- Question (TCO 8) What is the difference between business risk and financial risk? If Company A has a higher business risk than Company B, should its cost of capital be higher? Why or why not? Explain your rationale.
- Question (TCO 2) What are some important factors to consider when conducting a credit evaluation and scoring?
- Question (TCO 6 and 7) Do you believe that it is appropriate for some industries to be more leveraged than others? Explain your rationale.
Want Assistance with the Exams?
We understand the dire situation of students. If you are wondering, can I pay someone to take my exam, then we have got you covered. Time is of the essence, and students can’t take any risks when it comes to exams. To help our students in these circumstances, we have updated our operations from an hourly basis to 24/7, addressing students’ pay someone to take exams now concerns. Our experts work round the clock on your order. Moreover, our customer representatives are always online to take in your hire someone to take my exam queries. Get online classes, exams, and course assistance from Get Exam Done. For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486