Purchase Solved EDEC 653-Current Issues in Early Childhood Education
An examination of current standards and exploration of controversies related to early childhood education.
During His earthly ministry, Jesus demonstrated the importance of early childhood education: “And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God” (Mark 10:13–14, KJV).
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze effective strategies for facilitating positive reciprocal relationships with children for teachers, families, and communities, including mutual respect, communication strategies, and nurturing the capacity of family members to serve as advocates on behalf of children.
- Describe strategies for planning, implementing, assessing, and modifying physical and psychological aspects of the learning environment to support physical, cognitive, and social as well as emotional well-being in children with a broad range of developmental levels, special needs, individual interests, and cultural backgrounds.
- Apply learning strategies that stimulate curiosity and encourage participation in exploration and play.
- Design curriculum experiences that facilitate learning goals in content areas and provide opportunities to acquire concepts and skills that are precursors to academic content taught in elementary school.
- Adapt tasks to the child’s zone of proximal development and nurture children’s development through experiences, relationships, and active engagement in play.
- Select materials/equipment, arrange physical space, and plan schedules/routines to stimulate and facilitate development.
- Describe collaboration with families, colleagues, and members of the broader community to construct learning environments that promote a spirit of unity, respect, and service in the interest of the common good.
Textbook readings and presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the candidate will write an analysis of the assigned Ethical Dilemma from the Morrison textbook. Your analysis will be supported by: reading material, current related sources, Scripture; and pertinent, conceptual, or personal examples. The thread must be at least 400 words. The candidate will then read and reply with at least 250 words to at least 2 of his/her classmates. The initial thread must include at least two citations and references and responses must include at least one citation/reference.
Reading Summaries (7)
The candidate will write a summary of the reading from the Paciorek textbook. Each summary will be divided into 2 sections. The first section will be summaries of each of the articles in the unit and must be at least 400 words; the second section will be summaries of at least four Internet resources that are listed in the textbook at the end of the articles. Choose at least 1 website per article to summarize (with at least 4 Internet resources total in the summary). Your Internet resources summary must be at least 400 words. In both parts, you must critique the concepts presented through a biblical perspective as well as present unique connections between the reading materials. All summaries must be written in current APA format.
The candidate will browse position statements on the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) website (www.naeyc.org) and choose 1 position statement as the topic of his/her Issues Essay. There are 3 parts to this assignment:
The candidate will submit the topic of the Issues Essay to the instructor for approval. This will be done through the discussion board. Every candidate must have a different topic for the Issues Essay. Topics will be approved on a first come, first served basis.
The candidate will have at least 3 references that help discuss the NAEYC position statement. This will be turned in as an annotated bibliography.
After completing the other parts of this assignment, the candidate will submit his/her completed Issues Essay. The 5-page essay must include a title page and a current APA formatted reference page (which is not included toward the final page count) and will inform on an issue that is relevant to young children.
A final course reflection will be written by the candidate as related to the School of Education’s (SOE) Conceptual Framework. This reflection must be at least 400 words in current APA format.
Want Help with Course?
Get Exam Done gives expert online magnificence assistance to college students withinside the State. Our online magnificence assist carrier covers the entirety from assignments, discussions, and quizzes to tests. We have employed equipped problem specialists to assist our college students. So, whether or not you’re suffering with a challenge or pay someone to take my exam, we’ve got were given your back. Our online magnificence helpers paint day and night time to your mission and deal with all of the troubles you face. Our online magnificence carrier is likewise affordable. Get our online magnificence assist nowadays and kickstart your adventure toward your preferred grades! For specialized support, contact us via email at [email protected]