Purchase Solved NURS 629-Practicum III Health Policy Leadership
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
This is the culminating practicum course of the MSN-Health Policy Concentration. Students complete practicum hours and prepare to disseminate learned knowledge.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze political, legal, philosophical, economic, financial, and/or social framework for health policy as it applies current health policy issues through the lens of a biblical worldview.
- Synthesize qualitative information relevant to key issues in health policy, including government documents, peer-reviewed literature, and “gray” literature produced by health policy organizations.
- Utilize statistical and other data relevant to health policy and conduct basic manipulations of data.
- Evaluate health policy-related legislation, administrative regulations, judicial opinions, or agency rulings.
- Analyze the methodology and quality of health policy research results and synthesize findings for policy analyses.
- Applying the core elements of policy analysis to key issues in health services and public health policy through written papers or presentations.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided prompt for each discussion. Each thread must be at least 500 words and be supported by at least 1 scholarly journal article and 1 biblical reference in the current APA format. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads. Each reply must be at least 250 words and cite at least 1 scholarly journal article and 1 biblical reference. (MLO: A, B, C, D, E, F)
Dissemination Project: Topic and Plan Assignment
The student has been working on health policies during the practicum experience. Now, it is time to begin sharing this gained knowledge. The student will chose a single health policy topic that he or she has been engaged in at the state, federal, or international level. This project topic paper will discuss the topic in depth as preparation to submission for publication and presentation. (MLO: A, B, C, D, E, F)
Dissemination Project: Draft Assignment
The student will develop a draft of their project to submit for publication and/or presentation. This draft will be reviewed based on the standards of the chosen written dissemination method. The draft should meet the requirements of the journal and the conference. (MLO: A, B, C, D, E, F)
Dissemination Project: Final Assignment
After reviewing faculty feedback, the student will edit and submit a final version of their submission assignment. (MLO: A, B, C, D, E, F)
Practicum/Clinical Log Assignments (2)
The Practicum/Clinical Log is the documentation of the 200-hour practicum experience of which 50 hours will be completed in this course. The documentation is to be completed in Typhon. Instructions for setting up Typhon are found in the MSN Handbook. The log must be comprehensive in details related to the experiences in the field and reflective of the National League for Nursing (NLN) competencies. The discussion must be in-depth and analytical. It must also include examples of how the student has applied the NLN competencies and readings from the textbooks and professional literature in the practicum setting. Any citations must be provided in the current APA format. Upon final approval of the practicum goals and objectives, the student will work on practicum hours weekly. Log submissions will be entered in Typhon.
Note: In addition to accruing the required number of practicum hours, there must be a passing grade for the practicum experience which includes the following: progression with the student’s established goals and objectives, an in-depth documentation of the practicum experiences as evidenced in the clinical log, and satisfactory preceptor evaluations. Failure to pass the practicum requirements will result in failure of the course; see the MSN Handbook for practicum expectations related to performance and professionalism. (MLO: A, B, C, D, E, F)
Quiz: Self-Evaluation and Evaluation of Site
The preceptor will complete an evaluation of the student at the end of the practicum experience. The evaluation will be sent electronically over a secured server through Typhon to the preceptor. The instructor will retain the preceptor evaluation and may review it with the student upon request. Refer to the MSN Handbook for important detailed information. The student will complete a Self-Evaluation, an Evaluation of Site and Preceptor, and the preceptor will complete an evaluation of the student. All evaluations must be completed and submitted as directed. Failure to submit any of the end-of-course evaluations will result in a final grade of an “Incomplete.” The student will be unable to progress to the next practicum course until the grade of “Incomplete” is resolved.
- Self-Evaluation: The student will complete a self-evaluation of his/her practicum experiences using the provided form (submitted via quiz).
- Student Evaluation of Site: The student will complete an evaluation of the site and preceptor for his/her practicum experience using the form provided. This document must be shared with the preceptor (submitted via a quiz)
- Preceptor Evaluation Assignment: The preceptor will complete an evaluation of the student at the end of the practicum experience. The instructor will electronically send the evaluation to the preceptor via a secured server through Typhon.
Quiz: Dissemination Project: Proof of Submission
Students will submit documented confirmation of submission of the Dissemination Project to the journal or conference of their choice.
Want Assistance with the Course?
Are you a struggling student who is not able to cope with the pressure he is handling in case of taking online tests due to various other activities? Or are you finding it very complicated to finish the given tests promptly with some good grades? Don’t worry, Exams helpers can help you in this situation! The IWantOnlineclasshelp.com service provider is the best quality of services you can avail of today for the betterment of your future and for the perfect arrangement of premium-level of test-taking services on your behalf. We have been consistently providing outstanding help to each & every student who is looking for affordable, reliable, and qualitative services in a timely manner. Whether it is about test issues or exam-related issues, you are facing, we can cover all by pay someone to take my online test services on the go. The Online Test Help query is solved here quickly. Just call us or mail us, [email protected] and we will be there to bring some professional quality exam-taking services with a money-back guarantee, therefore you will have nothing to drop. Pay to do an online exam now.