Purchase Solved NURS 712-Advanced Health Assessment for Nurse Practitioners
This course provides the student with knowledge, skills, and attitudes to perform physical, psychosocial, and spiritual advanced health assessments of clients across the lifespan. Emphasis is on the acquisition of advanced skills and analysis of relevant data to conduct a comprehensive history including the ability to perform client-centered health assessments. The course will focus on normal vs. abnormal findings, symptom/health problem assessment, selection and interpretation of diagnostic tests, screenings and differential diagnosis to develop a management plan. Culturally competent patient education, health promotion and clinical prevention considerations will be integrated into the provision of care of the individual and family. This course includes lectures and lab.
For information regarding the prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The course helps meet standards of graduate-level nursing education as articulated by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Practice Nursing. This course meets standards of nurse practitioner doctoral education as articulated by the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF).
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course the post-BSN to DNP/FNP student will be prepared to:
- Examine the APRN role in the assessment of health of patients and families across the lifespan (DNP Essentials I, III, V, VI, VII, VIII; NONPF Scientific Knowledge 1-3, Health Delivery 1-7, Ethics 1-3, Independent Practice 1-8; LU PLO 1, 3, 5, 6, 7).
- Apply nursing and multi-disciplinary knowledge to solve clinical problems and improve health outcomes (DNP Essentials I, III, VII, VIII; NONPF Scientific Knowledge 1-3, Leadership 6, Quality 1, 5, Practice Inquiry 1-3, 6, Health Delivery 1-7, Ethics 1-3, Independent Practice 2-4; LU PLO 1, 3, 5, 6, 7).
- Conduct developmentally appropriate, focused and comprehensive assessment of health and illness in patients across the lifespan (DNP Essentials I, III, VII, VIII; NONPF Independent Practice 1-4; LU PLO 1, 3, 5, 6, 7).
- Construct and analyze differential diagnoses for common acute and chronic health problems (DNP Essentials I, III, VI, VIII; NONPF Scientific Foundation 1-3, Quality 1-2, Practice Inquiry 3, 6, Health Delivery 1, 3, 7, Ethics 1-3, Independent Practice 2-4; LU PLO 1, 3, 5, 6, 7).
- Identify appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures to support common diagnoses (DNP Essentials I, III, VI, VIII; NONPF Scientific Foundation 1-3, Quality 1-2, Practice Inquiry 3, 6, Health Delivery 1, 3, 7, Ethics 1-3, Independent Practice 2-4; LU PLO 1, 3, 5, 6, 7).
- Identify evidence-based health promotion guidance for patients and families across the lifespan (DNP Essentials I, III, VII, VIII; NONPF Scientific Foundation 2, Leadership 3, 6, Quality 1, Practice Inquiry 1-6, Technology & Information Literacy 1-2, Independent Practice 2-4; LU PLO 1, 3, 5, 6, 7).
- Demonstrate systematic and accurate documentation of the clinical history for patients across the lifespan in a simulated health record (DNP Essentials I, III, IV, VII, VIII; NONPF Leadership 2, 6, Technology & Information Literacy 1, 4, 5; Health Delivery 1, Independent Practice 2-4; LU PLO 1, 3, 4, 5,6,7).
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart, establishing rapport with patients across the lifespan through professional, therapeutic, and culturally sensitive communication (DNP Essential I, VII; NONPF Leadership 2, 6, Health Delivery 1, 4, Ethics 1-3, Independent Practice 2, 4; LU PLO 1, 7).
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Virtual Simulation/Skills Practicum Hours (56 hours required)
During NURS 712, the student is required to complete 56 hours including health assessment skills in order to pass the course. Quiz verification’s must be completed to correlate with the Typhon entries. The Instructor will provide feedback in the Typhon notes sections for your submissions.
Practicum Reflection Presentation Assignments (2)
Students will prepare a Practicum Reflection Presentation according to the assignment instructions and rubric to present during the scheduled Practicum Reflection Presentation meeting during Module 4: Week 4 & Module 7: Week 7. Practicum Reflection Presentation will be submitted to the assignment submission link prior to the Practicum Reflection Presentation meeting.
Quiz: Typhon NPST Student Data Entry Video Attestation Submission
The Typhon NPST Student Data Entry Video Tutorial Assignment is designed to introduce the student to essential components of the NPST system. Students utilize the Typhon NPST system in this course and throughout the remainder of the DNP program. Students are required to watch the Student Data Entry Video Tutorial and submit a statement of attestation of completion. The video tutorial is located in Typhon >Help> Video Tutorials section.
Quizzes: Shadow Health (7)
Shadow Health provides a virtual clinical simulation designed to improve student assessment skills in a safe learning environment. The student will examine digital patients throughout the course that are accessible online 24/7. The Shadow Health Digital Clinical Experience (DCE) is free of many of the constraints and interruptions that may present in a clinical setting. This unique simulation experience allows students to conduct in-depth patient exams and interviews at their own pace. Because the exams are in-depth, these assignments will often take over an hour to complete, so it is important to plan enough time to complete assignments each week. The assignment options allow students to choose which attempt to turn in or to reopen an assignment attempt.
Proctorio Quizzes (7)
There will be quizzes scheduled and administered in the course platform. Content exams will contain 25 multiple choice questions pertaining to specific content from lecture and readings. The student will have 40 minutes to complete each closed-book/closed-notes exam. Quizzes are not cumulative or comprehensive in nature. Proctor testing software will be used in the course platform to administer the exams. All exams are closed book, and the use of notes and resources is not permitted. Quiz content is not to be copied or recorded in any manner.
Quizzes: Bates Visual Guide Submission (6)
You will complete the assigned Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Exam and History modules after reading the Bates’ Objective Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE) Instructions document located in the Learn section of this module under Read: Bates’ Objective Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE) Instructions. Then, you will complete this quiz as your final step for the module attesting to the completion of the required Bates’ modules.
Quiz: Virtual Simulation Activity & Reflection(s): Male Genitalia, Anus, Rectum, Prostate, & Hernias
Students must complete the Quiz: Virtual Simulation Activity & Reflection(s): Male Genitalia, Anus, Rectum, Prostate, & Hernias in Module 6: Week 6.
Quiz: Final Comprehensive Examination (Proctorio)
A comprehensive exam will be administered at the end of the course. This exam will contain 100 multiple choice questions pertaining to content from lecture, lab, and readings. The student will have 2 hours and 30 minutes to write the exam. Proctor testing software will be used in the course platform to administer the closed-book/closed-notes exam. Recording the exam content in any manner is prohibited.
The student will complete 1 Discussion in this course. The student will post one thread. Each thread will be evaluated based on the depth and breadth of the discussion. The initial post is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of the assigned Module: Week. The student must then post 2 replies by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of the assigned Module: Week. For each thread, students must support their assertions with at least 2 scholarly citations plus the textbook in current APA format. Each reply must incorporate at least 2 scholarly citations, one of which may be the textbook in current APA format. Sources cited should have been published within the last five years.
Comprehensive History, Physical Exam and Video Assignment
The Comprehensive History and Physical Examination is a requirement of this course and affords the student the opportunity to integrate and demonstrate history and physical exam skills strengthened during this course. The student will complete a video-recorded comprehensive head-to-toe history and physical examination on an adult volunteer. Presentations should be no longer than 45 minutes. You are required to demonstrate 80% of the steps to successfully complete the Comprehensive Health History & Physical Exam. Failure to obtain an 80% on the exam retake will result in course failure. Only two attempts are permitted. You will submit the video to the Learning Management System using Kaltura Media (Capture).
Please use the following links to view instructional videos for the Kaltura Media platform.
Introduction to Kaltura Capture: https://watch.liberty.edu/playlist/dedicated/73058011/1_ad0hg52n/1_4vft1ut6
Submitting a Video Assignment Using Kaltura CaptureSpace: Submit a Video Assignment in Canvas
Need to Purchase Course?
While you are at IWantOnlineclasshelp.com then the process to hire for a brilliant level of services is very easy. In order to have to do my online exam-related services, you just have to fill out the form available on the website of www.IWantOnlineclasshelp.com, and once after finishing up this process, all your information that contains Order-ID, name, Contact, email address, etc. will be handled by the sales experts for offering you some effective quotation. Once you settle down with the best possible quotation, you need to pay for the services, and then the management team will take better care of matching pairs of tutors and subjects. We cater to fulfill all your needs even Prior to the deadline with the best possible A or B grades in a guaranteed way regarding paying someone to take my exam query. You can surely spend some leisure time with your loved ones, take care of the different priorities you have in your life and leave the rest to our professional team. For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486