Purchase Solved APOL 220 Quiz Great Tradition
APOL 220 Quiz: Apologetics within the Great Tradition
- Among the Enlightenment thinkers, who specifically believed that humans can progress as long as they are guided solely by their own rational thoughts and individual freedom?
- This nineteenth-century philosopher focused not on the historical accuracy or rational proofs of Christianity, but on the level of “God-consciousness“ and social life those beliefs provide:
- This nineteenth-century philosopher argued that faith is not accessible through reason, because core Christian beliefs like the Incarnation (however true) are absurd:
- Joseph Butler is sometimes referred to as “the philosopher of Anglicanism” and these three words encapsulate his response to the deists of his time: analogy, probability, and cumulative
- Thomas Aquinas, the most famous and influential theologian/apologist of the Middle Ages, began his apology with Scriptural authority.
- Anselm is credited as the originator of which classical argument for God’s existence?
- Gnosticism taught specifically that there was a time when Jesus did not exist
- Among the Enlightenment thinkers, who thought that Individual empirical investigation and reasoned reflection, and not the pressure of external authority or majority or an innate store of ideas received at birth, are the ultimate sources of true knowledge?
- The following are methods that early church apologists employed to combat opposition,
- “Christians deny reason” and “the Bible can’t be verified as historical” are examples of early cultural/political challenges faced by early Christians.
- One of the arguments for the deity of Christ used by Athanasius went as follows: Only God can save humanity. Jesus saves humanity. Therefore, Jesus is God.
- In his work Contra Celsus, Origen offers a point-by-point refutation against the attack that Christianity undermines the structure of society.
- Why would “Paley’s Watchmaker” not be as effective of an argument today as it was in the past?
- “Only those with secret, insider knowledge may reach God” is a salient feature of which Early Church heresy?
- Tertullian is considered to be one of the earliest of the Latin church fathers and wrote Against Marcion
- Who wrote the famous book entitled The City of God?
- Which of the following statements accurately describes a core principle of the Middle Ages apologists?
- Combinational argues that Christianity is logical, factual, and livable- thus asserting that Christianity corresponds to reality while non-Christian worldviews fall short.
- Because of the changing cultural landscape and underlying assumptions of the day, it is sometimes necessary to sacrifice the message of the Cross in order to make Christianity more palatable.
- Abraham Kuyper is best known for bringing this word/idea into Christian thought
- Who wrote “Letters to a Diminished Church,” rightly criticizing those who would take the dynamism and personality of Jesus and present Him as boring, tedious, and tame?
- Asserting that ultimate authority is found in a person’s own thoughts and feelings rather than in an external entity (such as the church) is defined as:
- Which heretical challenge and battle against it persisted into the Middle Ages?
- The cultural and religious tenets of Islam did not require engagement from Christian apologists until after the Middle Ages.
- Who came to faith in Jesus not because of skillful Christian witness, but rather because of the implausible and contradictory accusations of atheists and skeptics?
Want to Buy Quiz?
We apprehend the dire state of affairs of college students. If you’re wondering, can I pay a person to do my examination, then we’ve given you covered. Time is of the essence, and college students cannot take any chances with regard to exams. To assist our college students in those circumstances, we’ve up to date our operations from an hourly foundation to 24/7, addressing college students’ pay-a-person-to-take examination now concerns. Our specialist’s paintings spherical the clock in your order. Moreover, our client representatives are constantly online to absorb your rent for a person to take my exam queries. Get online classes, examinations, and direct help from Get Exam Done.