Download New NASC 210 Quiz Genetic Basis of Cancer
- A deletion mutation removes DNA. For example, small deletion mutations in the “Y” chromosome cause male infertility.
- A single nucleotide point mutation in hemoglobin, and a small mutational change in the collagen molecule and the fact that laminin mutation can cause life-shortening or life-ending disease suggests that the human body was designed and created because it’s difficult for Darwinian evolution to succeed in the face of such life-threatening mutations.
- With regard to DNA repair mechanisms the human body has;
- Skin damage and skin cancer is caused by ultraviolet light striking DNA and causing thymine dimers or even cutting the DNA. In most cases, this causes death of the skin cell. But cancer is uncontrolled cell growth. How can exposure to light cause uncontrolled cell growth when it mostly kills cells? Chose an answer which best answers this question
- Different genes have different spontaneous mutation rates.
- BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 are major breast cancer susceptibility genes.
- The two genetic diseases based on the mutation of globin genes (globin proteins make up hemoglobin) are sickle cell disease and beta-thalassemia.
- Cancer is genetic because it is caused by changes in DNA but is not usually inherited.
- A point mutation that changes a codon specifying an amino acid into a “stop” codon UAA, UAG or UGA is a nonsense mutation.
- A tumor is cancerous or malignant if it infiltrates nearby tissue. This infiltration and spreading is called metastasis.
- Which of the following is true about cancer cells?
- According to modern Darwinian evolution, the mechanism of evolution involves mutation and;
- Which of the following is true about oncogenes?
- Cancer metastases are difficulty to detect.
- Which of the following is true about mutations?
- The cell cycle has checkpoints that ensure that the cell cycle is running correctly and cell growth stops at the appropriate time.
- If a mutation occurs in the gametes before mitosis;
- A promising new field of cancer-fighting techniques uses the immune system to fight cancer. Two main techniques using the immune system to fight cancer are;
- Splice site mutations can cause a mutation by which of the following mechanisms?
- The genetic mutation which causes sickle cell disease is a change in one amino acid of hemoglobin and is based on one nucleotide mutational change (point mutation).
- This beneficial mutation is found in the human population at large and promotes antibody formation.
- A mutation is an altered DNA sequence in an organism.
- Which of the following is true about p53?
- Which of the following are sources of potential mutation are found in our typical human environments?
- Which of the following is true about osteogenesis imperfecta?
Want Guide to Quiz?
Exams are a crucial part of a pupil’s training. Without examination, no pupil can develop via the ladder of success. However, college students in recent times do not have the time to attention to their studies, for the reason that they may be beaten via way of means of jobs that assist the very training they need. In their time of need, Get Exam Done is right here to provide a hand of help. For college students who’re thinking, can I pay someone to take my exam, what is the region to get it from? We were assisting college students for over 2 years with their pay-a-person to take my examination issues and feature efficaciously finished over 5000+ tests all around the states. For custom, help email us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +1(657)366-7486