Buy New Liberty University PHYS 101 Quiz 5
- The specific heat capacity of water is about twice the specific heat capacity of ice. From this information, the amount of heat required to boil 1 kg of water is the amount of heat required to melt 1 kg of ice.
- “Firewalkers” step on the hot ashes and coals from a wood fire without getting their feet burned. How might this be possible?
- A key is placed in a hot oven and warmed to 100°C. As a result
- A device that makes use of a bimetallic strip is
- An example of a heat mover is
- The Eiffel tower in Paris is made primarily of iron, whose coefficient of linear expansion is about 10 × 10−6/°C. On a cold day when the temperature is –10°C the Eiffel tower is 300 meters tall. Its height on a hot day when the temperature is 40°C is
- A bimetallic strip is usable as a thermometer because of
- The temperature of a gas can be increased by
- Natural processes tend to increase the of thermodynamic systems.
- Air at a temperature of 32° F has a relative humidity of 60%. If the temperature of the same air rises to 40° F, the relative humidity
- A 1 kg block of ice is removed from a freezer where its temperature was –
- 10°C. The amount of heat absorbed by the ice as it warms to 0°C is
- When ice melts, its temperature
- A piece of chocolate melts in your mouth. This is an example of
- When droplets of condensation form on the outside of a glass of ice water, it must be in the air right next to the glass
- A piston compresses a gas, while at the same time, heat is lost to the surroundings. The temperature of the gas rises. The amount of temperature rise is governed by
- Air at a temperature of 32°F has a relative humidity of 60%. If the temperature of the same air increases, the relative humidity increases.
- The dew point is the temperature at which a given humidity equals the saturation density.
- A bimetallic strip is usable in a thermometer because of its heat capacity.
- You feel warm from the Sun at the beach because of heat radiation.
- A hot pizza contains heat.
- A bimetallic strip is formed from two materials that have different heat capacities.
- Heat is transferred from a substance if it is exposed to something that has a lower temperature.
- A barometer can work because of a bimetallic strip.
- A steam turbine is an example of a heat mover.
- A refrigerator is an example of a heat mover.
- Select the closest matching pairs possible. 3 pts for each response. The titanium shell of an SR-71 airplane would expand when flying at a speed exceeding 3 times the speed of sound. If the skin of the plane is 400 degrees C and the linear coefficient of expansion for titanium is 5×10 -6 /C when flying at 3 times the speed of sound, how much would a 10-meter long (originally at 0C) rod portion (1-dimension) of the airplane expand? Write your final answer in centimeters and show all of your work.
Need Guide to Quiz?
Are you struggling with your online classes? Are you wondering, can I pay someone to complete the class online for me? Do you want someone to help you out? You have come to the right place. At Get Exam Done, we offer experienced academics who will handle your day-to-day online class portals. You don’t have to do anything, let alone search, pay someone to take my online classes. Everything on your portal will be done from our end including, assignments, discussions, and quizzes. Email [email protected] for customized support.